Step 1 Sole Source What do you do when your invited out for a meal?

hugeherbo

Have been invited out on a few and don't know whether to go or not, don't want to mess the diet up, but I don't want to resent it either. Help please x

I go - have a shake before I go and have fizzy water while others eat- I don't make a big thing of it and no one seems to bother. I don't resent it because doing this is my choice. Have just done this on a 4 day trip with friends and lunch out today as well. I find the more I do it the easier it is:)

SS+ day, sparkling water and a chicken with lettuce leaves for dinner will keep you in ketosis.

I'm a bit weird and try to get out of anything other than essential family gatherings or planned events.

I also don't resent it as there is nothing stopping me other than my desire to shred these lb's.

However if you chose to go then enjoy it and get straight back on track the next day, so long as its planned and your in control it will be easier mentally, one light non carb meal every now and then won't do too much damage if any at all.

Yep I also go for the good old fashioned Chicken Salad; keep it light on the carbs (no croutons) and no dressing, or dressing on the side if you really want it.

When you're done there's going to be situations where you eat out. If you make the healthy choices now it's easier to do it when you're done. Personally I think a large part of it is getting back on the wagon successfully. Someone in work lost a huge amount and has maintained it for years - he eats very sensibly during the week and then if he really wants something indulges (sensibly) on the weekends - something I really hope I can do when I'm maintaining.

Hi, my consultant says to me go for it and she did to. I went out last night and I'm on Sole source, I couldn't even manage all the food. Back on 100% today.

What did you have to eat? I'm scared of binging :-S

Just take your product with you.
I've been out so many times now for food - just put my shaker in my handbag and whip it out at the table and mix product with water.
Then I ask for a cocktail glass with ice and pour and smile and enjoy knowing I've been 100% and not messed up :D

Just take your product with you.
I've been out so many times now for food - just put my shaker in my handbag and whip it out at the table and mix product with water.
Then I ask for a cocktail glass with ice and pour and smile and enjoy knowing I've been 100% and not messed up :D

You have fab discipline, I ordered food at bella Italia a couple of weeks ago as I was with my granddaughter and didn't want her to ask questions, I played with the salmon and made it look like I had ended it, in reality it was under the mixed leaf salad lol.

I try to get out of everything I possibly can :)

Back