what do you do when..

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
your trying so hard, but your no co-operating.

does this make any sence. I really, really want to give it my all and get back on track, but my mind is not co-operating. i feel like im conversating with myself about what im eating .. ' i dont want this, i want to be good' .. but half of me is saying, but you do want this. just have it.

iv made it to tues eve, WI is wed. Tues eve is always a wobbeley time for me, monday i begin to waver, but can hold strong, but tues eve is very difficult.

i have wednesday off, completely.. which has always been a good incentive. ' i wont have this now, but i will have it wednesday' .. but now, it doesnt seem enough. Where oh where has my self restraint gone?

im dissapointed and mad with myself, i know i can do this, i have the knowledge and the want, but its like i cant help but sabotage myself. I never feel good after, and as it stands.. i have a nasty stomach ache now,which is pointless.

why does my inner self keep pushing me to ruin things.

on one hand, im pushing on and praising myself for my hard work, but then theres this very strong part of me that feels like i worked so hard to get to T in the first place, that i know that i never wanted to go through that again.. its like my body knows itl be a long, slow slow slog back to target, so it just wants to give up, it doesnt want to do it again..

:sigh: im sorry to keep moaning guys, i just feel really up and down. i cant understand how my mind is working.

I need some practical advise. Iv tried books, baths, ... iv had to stop zumba due to money, and i havnt run for weeks because it was getting cold, and now with so much extra work on, im exhausted.. i feel so much better and positive mentally when i exercise, but i know if i do too much (work and exercise) il feel strained for time for myself and OH, and itl make me even more tired, consequently leading me to lazyness in the kitchen for preparing next day lunchs etc.

I don't know whether it applies to this diet specifically, but some great life advice is that when you hit a wall you just need to change something.

Maybe change your "cheat" day to a different one, or cook some totally new recipes. Try some different vegetables (I do this every year - my big discoveries last winter were beetroot, fennel and jerusalem artichokes)... a whole bunch of different stuff is coming into season right now so keep your eyes peeled. Change your drinking habits - sometimes something as simple as switching to herbal tea or buying a different flavoured squash can get you drinking loads more water, which will ALWAYS help you out of a slump.

I know this all sounds really trivial, but seriously, making small changes can have a huge impact.

Oh Fern, I'm so sorry to hear how you're feeling, its not nice when your head is split in half ! I have to say I have this alot too, so you really are not alone feeling like this. This is the reason why I've been up and down for most of the year. BUT, what I do know is that you've only given up the fight completely when you stop talking and listening to yourself..... so my only advice would be keep talking to yourself :D And keep coming on here and talking too.

Seriously when you decide to stop listening to the voices in your head, then you really are destined to binge (well in my experience that is).

I too WI on wednesday and so often have slipped into the self sabotage on a monday or a tuesday, I then feel gutted and wonder why it happened (as if its happening to someone else, if that makes any sense at all!).

Hope others have some more good advice (cos I need it too :) )

Oh I just don't know what to suggest, but I didn't want to read & run.

Sending you positive vibes, but I know that's not enough. Have you tried going to bed early & reading a book to stop you munching on treats?

could you and your OH do some exercise together? then you can spend time with him and get those endorphins flowing

didnt want to just read and run so sending massive hugs (((((((((((fern)))))))))))

Morning Fern, i'm in exactly the same boat as you hun. I want to be good, but i'm struggling so bad. Huge understanding sympathetic hugs babes xx

Since coming back off my holiday I was really struggling and experiencing the exact feelings as yourself, it was a battle to stop myself from eating biscuits, chocolate, crisps, etc.

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm really enjoying embroidery (mainly cross stitch)! It's really taking my mind of snacking - last week my syns averaged to about 5-8 a day and I lost 3lbs which is unheard of for me! It's very relaxing to do and once it's finished I'll have a lovely piece of art to decorate my house :D

Hope you get yourself out of this mind battle soon xxx

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm really enjoying embroidery (mainly cross stitch)! It's really taking my mind of snacking - last week my syns averaged to about 5-8 a day and I lost 3lbs which is unheard of for me! It's very relaxing to do and once it's finished I'll have a lovely piece of art to decorate my house :D

Have you tried embroidering cards? Free patterns are available on www.stitchingcards.com I love making cards it is theraputic.;)

Oh hunnybun, I hate to see people struggling, especially when they are such success stories and such inspiration to others! I guess it just means that we're all human and ALL hit these difficult stumbling blocks!! It sounds to me like you're putting far too much pressure on yourself to be this perfect machine- zumba classes, running, juggling work and family life, pre-wedding stress!! Sounds like it's all getting to you and basically you need to step back a little and CHILLLLL!!! Perhaps it's a case of going back to basics! Being a little more gentle with yourself! Forget zumba and running for now if you really can't get to do them- beating yourself up about it is the worst thing you can do! Have a think about exercise you can do- could you just get out for a few mins a day for a power walk around the block? Perhaps taking the pressure off yourself and accepting yourself as a great Mum, fiancee, daughter, hairdresser rather that what you 'aren't' will help the food side of things fall into place!! You know exactly what to do- you're one of the biggest inspirations here! You've also been in this position before and have pulled it back and regained control! So I'm not going to tell you what to do- you already have the answers, it's just about getting back into 'the zone' again and you will!!! I hit a stumbling block the other day after coming back from Spain and not feeling enthused about getting back on plan! Everything felt negative and I just couldn't be bothered! My 5.5lb gain at WI made me feel totally rubbish! But yesterday morning I gave myself a massive kick up the bum and now I'm feeling all positive again! When you're exhausted it's so much harder to see things clearly! So I know you'll be fine, simply because you want this so much!XXXXXX

how about exercise at home? run up and down the stairs 5 times an hour. get your hands on top of each side of a door opening and lift yourself up or scrunch up your legs like a squat. Go up your stairs with one foot and then put the other foot on and then put the first foot back down to the step below and carry on like that. Depends what you have in your abode but if you have stools in the kitchen leapfrog - so many things you can do and the exercise is great for mind and body. Chins up duck!:)

Thanks for all the support guys! I think im finding it more difficult because no one at home 'cares' now that im at target- in the sence that i cant see i have a problem to deal with, so im getting no support.. which was a real driving force when i needed it before.

Funcurls, your message was lovley, but just thought id point out, i have no children yet! one day though, one day i will be a mummy. <3

im going to Wi tonight, and although i was good all week, i flaked and pigged out all last night, so im not hopeful. New week new start tho hey? its our xmas taster thing tonight which im really looking forward too. i love spending time with my group :)

sorry to keep moaning :( xxx

Thanks for all the support guys! I think im finding it more difficult because no one at home 'cares' now that im at target- in the sence that i cant see i have a problem to deal with, so im getting no support.. which was a real driving force when i needed it before.

Funcurls, your message was lovley, but just thought id point out, i have no children yet! one day though, one day i will be a mummy. <3

im going to Wi tonight, and although i was good all week, i flaked and pigged out all last night, so im not hopeful. New week new start tho hey? its our xmas taster thing tonight which im really looking forward too. i love spending time with my group :)

sorry to keep moaning :( xxx

Ooopsydaisy!! Sorry hun, why on earth did I think that? I must have read a reference to a baby or toddler once, jumped to conclusions and had it stuck in my head!! What a silly billy!! Oh well, all the other bits are true though!! You've still got loads on your plate! We all need a moan and groan sometimes, let's face it, it's not easy!! I'd imagine that being at target and staying there is challenging! You still have to put the effort in but without the glory of seeing losses on the scales!! I'm sure it's just a temporary blip hunny! And if you ask your friends and family for support maybe you'll be surprised at their reaction!XXXXXXXXXX

Back