What do you drink when you go out ?

xxxsnowbunnyxxx

Hiya, the weekend is nearly upon us. I am off to a BBQ tomorrow and I was just thinking of what drink to take with me.

Normally I take wine and soda, but I can only have a couple of them.
I don't mind Gin and Tonic, but it's getting a bit blah at the moment.

Has anyone got any other low syn alcohol ideas ?

Also, is there a syn difference between WW Wine and normal Wine ?

I drink JD & diet coke, I think JD is 3 syns for 25ml, not sure but I usually just use flexi syns for nights out, would rather drink what I like than drink something low syns and hate it!

I don't like adding lemonade/tonic etc to my drinks & I usually drink wine or cider. I don't have a flexi but add up all syns used & have less daily syns accordingly.

I agree with Evilpenguin I'd rather drink something I'm going to enjoy.

You could alternate your fav drink with a soft diet drink?

I drink white wine spritzers with soda but make one 250 ml glass do 2 drinks with lots of soda usually save syns if I'm going out too as I like to go out every weekend but don't drink in the week at all

My SW consultant told me the pint bottles of Magners were 7 syns so I drink that now as I was having Double G&T which was 5 Syns anyway, Id rather have 2 more syns per drink and pay less, lasts longer and tastes nicer lol

I thought Magners was about 13 ?

Better bloody not be or Ill kill him lol. He runs a pub so he said he asked them at on of their head office meetings and they said it was 7 Syns. He was surprised as he said he thought it was the same or More than a pint of Strongbow (which he said was 9 syns).

Magners is about 13!!! (A formers Magners addict - I had a whole case left from Christmas when I started SW!!)

Magners LIGHT is either 6.5, or 5.5 per pint x

Magners Light 330ml bottle is 4 1/2 syns

Magners Light 500ml can is 7.

Don't know about the full fat one though.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

[/FONT]​

I dont drink, so for me its some sort of diet pop!

Just checked in the book!

Bulmers (pretty much the same as Magners) is 12 syns for a 568ml (pint) bottle

Scrumpy jack is 11.5 for 500ml (just under a pint)

Strongbow is 6 for a 330ml (just over half a pint) so I would guess a pint is at least 11!!

I think your C needs to look in his book!!!

Sorry Complete Brain Fuzz, I just text my Friend who I go to SW with to say consultant had it wrong and she said I was mental and it was the Kopperburg Fruit Ciders he said were 7 Syns and that it was OK as thats what I drank on our night out lol good job this thread came up before my night out next weekend or i'd have been on the Magners instead of the Kobberburg.

I cant find Kopperburg online though to confirm!

Sorry Complete Brain Fuzz, I just text my Friend who I go to SW with to say consultant had it wrong and she said I was mental and it was the Kopperburg Fruit Ciders he said were 7 Syns and that it was OK as thats what I drank on our night out lol good job this thread came up before my night out next weekend or i'd have been on the Magners instead of the Kobberburg.

I cant find Kopperburg online though to confirm!

but he deffo said pint of strongbow was 9 NOT 11...what a tool, this is like the 4th thing he has syned wrongly to me!!

Anyone know where I can find the syns of Kobberburg as I cant find it on the syns online!!

We have a consultant visiting this week if she is better then were switching!

I have Bacardi & Diet coke.

I went to a friends for dinner last Friday and I made up a bottle of Majito to drink. V nice :D. I had saved my syns during the week for it though.

Anyone know about cocktails? There is a fab bar I go to on nights out - every cocktail £2! I love my berry mojitos!

^ cocktails are awful as theres alot of fruit juice in them unfortunatly! (and not enough booze in them to get you pissed fast enough!)

On the VERY occasional times i drink.. its malibu and diet coke all the way, also 2.5per single i believe ( i usually drink doubles haha ) but its been so long since i drank dont quote me on that!

I rarely go out as I usually have too much work on, but when I do it's vodka or rum. I will have a single with diet mixer, then my next drink is just a plain diet mixer - that way my syns are stretched out over the night, not that I drink much these days anyway!

I love wine but it really is quite high in syns so I tend to have a tot of brandy (25mls = 2.5 syns) in a pint glass topped up with diet coke. I have always been a brandy and coke drinker (apart from the wine) so it has not been much of an adjustment for me. But I can have 6 drinks in a night and stick to my syns. BTW most spirits are 2.5 syns for 25mls so you could have what you fancy, and quite a few of them!

Back