What do you eat before weigh in?

I only had my first weigh in on Monday but the thought to starve myself never even entered my head! I had weetabix for brekkie, a jacket with laughing cow for lunch and a ham salad for tea. My wi isn't until 7pm and I went swimming in the afternoon so I wouldn't have managed without any food! I normally have tea at 4:30pm as my kids are hungry at that time and we always eat as a family. Id lost 2.5lb so was really pleased! x

I have a morning WI and usually have my usual breakfast of 2 cups of tea and porridge. I occasionally don't get up early enough to have a proper breakfast so I'll have a couple of Alpen Light bars instead. I always take a banana or apple to eat after weigh in as well.

Denise

Usually I just have a can of sugarfree Red Bull and 2 cereal bars LOL, but yesterday I accidentally ate 2 Kit Kats, a packet of Ryvita Minis, a yoghurt, a cookie and various other chocolately things (bad day, don't ask...).

Still lost 2lb at WI later in the evening though :D

I started reading this and thought to myself- Am I the only person who eats an breakfast, lunch and an evening meal before weigh in ???? And then there was a beautiful post from Ellebear :)

Seriously, you really only have to deal with any possible gain/maintain the very first week that you eat before weigh in and then you are free from the starvation diet. SW isnt designed to be a plan that you follow for 6 days and then starve on the 7th.

I do eat but I always eat lightly on weigh in day.
I'll have my normal fruit and yoghurt in the morning and then for lunch-five scan bran with Laughing Cow cheese and a small salad. Its filling and free.
I will eat a few pieces of extra fruit too. I just like to keep it light.
I always weigh in wearing my work clothes too-even if I have had a day off. Does feel silly going from jeans back into work wear at 7pm. ;)

I too am stuck in that rubbish not eating rut. Have tried to get out of it but it's so hard!
Last time I did SW (before baby number 2) I wouldn't even have a drink before weigh in (it's 7pm) not even first thing.

This time I'll have a couple of coffees in the morning but am really struggling to eat.
Out of desperation I skipped weigh in last week thinking that might help but here I am....on weigh in day not eating.

I'd love to go to a morning class but with work, the kids and going with my mum this one fits in the best.

Its weigh day for me today - ive already had my cereal bar, 3 pieces of fruit and im thinking about my lunch!!! come on people - break the cycle!!

I might start a campaign for us all to eat more, lose more!!! xxxx

I WI at 7:30pm so I have breakfast and lunch as normal, with my snacks. But nothing really after 4pm...

Mad isn't it?!

It's stupid. I dread Thursdays because of it which really is rubbish as I work part time so it's one of the days I get to spend with the children.

It's a good incentive to get to target as quickly as possible though....don't think I'll have any problem eating on wi day when I'm trying to maintain!

my wi is at 6pm, i drink as normal til about 4ish, cos if i carry on i will be peeing all through the meeting anyhow lol, and i have brekkie and lunch as normal, nothing huge mind but still, its important to eat :)

I bet as well, once you get in from weigh in you turn into the cookie monster and scoff all sorts as you are on the verge of fainting due to the starving in the day???

No, I've never once done that, what would be the point in working so hard all week to come in and 'scoff all sorts'?

Thanks for you post though, I do really get where you're comming from :)

I too am stuck in that rubbish not eating rut. Have tried to get out of it but it's so hard!
Last time I did SW (before baby number 2) I wouldn't even have a drink before weigh in (it's 7pm) not even first thing.

This time I'll have a couple of coffees in the morning but am really struggling to eat.
Out of desperation I skipped weigh in last week thinking that might help but here I am....on weigh in day not eating.

I'd love to go to a morning class but with work, the kids and going with my mum this one fits in the best.

Thankfully someone who understands how I feel!

Thanks for all the posts guys, really appreciate the input! I actually find this really difficult and hope I haven't come accross as just doing it so I can loose as much weight as possible or whatever.

It's like a real genuine fear on weigh in day I really do feel like I can't eat. Anyway this week, going to try and have my usual breakfast of fruit and yogurt and just see how I go from there.

I really want to break this habit but I'm finding it so difficult!

You can do it! Either have a little more each week on wi day or go the whole hog and bite the bullet one week and have all three meals before wi. Then make a promise to yourself that you'll do this each week (this is the key to finding freedom from the wi starvation).

Previously when I did SW I used to not drink in the afternoon and would have evening meal when I got home, but in the end this made me hate going to class as I'd be light headed and feel faint (wimp I know, but I really need to eat regularly!). Also in the summer, its not nice, not drinking.

When I was thinking of restarting this time, this messing up of meal times was one of the things that I put as a disadvantage of going to class, but I had a rethink and made a promise to myself that each week I would have my evening meal before I went. Do you know what, I enjoy class so much more by doing this!

Keep us posted how you get on. Only you can break this habit, but you CAN do it :)

Thansk gobolino, defo going to try this week. Would just be breakfast and lunch though I leave for SW at half 4, don't fancy my tea that early lol.

Will just try and have something that I can replicate and have the same every week so the issue of eating soemthing that 'weighs more' is out of the equation.

I have my healthy extra weetabix in morning and apple and then strawberries and yogurt for lunch then nothing untill wi at 730 xx

It's stupid. I dread Thursdays because of it which really is rubbish as I work part time so it's one of the days I get to spend with the children.

It's a good incentive to get to target as quickly as possible though....don't think I'll have any problem eating on wi day when I'm trying to maintain!

Sorry but I really don't think being at target will change things the way you might imagine. You still have to weigh in and there is still pressure (self imposed or otherwise) not to gain. It take a huge psychological shift to accept that gaining weight is okay.

What you are looking at is having one day a week for the rest of your life where you eat nothing and drink next to nothing. That is seriously bad for you. If you won't change for yourself then change for the benefit of your children who are undoubtedly absorbing all your negative connotations about weight and will follow in your footsteps.

I would suggest that on your next WI day you eat normally, weigh in and ask not to be told the result. That way you won't feel bad if there seems to be a gain (which doesn't necessarily have to happen) and the following week you should be back on track with losses again.

i weigh at 5:30 and have breakfast with a drink and thats it! Its not a healthy thing to do but an accurate reading is first thing in a morning before u eat, after you have used the toilet and no clothes on! So if you think about it we all weigh a good 2-3 lb less then on those scales anyway to accomodate for food and our clothes :D

Back