What do you eat on Weigh in day.....

time4action

Morning nice board people (not bored, but board lol)

What do you guys eat on weigh in day?

I stepped on the scales this morning and know that I've lost a few lbs this week, however my weigh in isnt till 7pm tonight and I've got a whole day to get through and worried that my small loss will be eaten up throughout the day and not register at all by this evening.

Whats best do you think..........to eat normally or to just stay with water/light foods?

As I'm typing this I know I must sound a bit daft but its on my mind so hey ho, in for a penny so they say !

T4A

I have weigh in at 7.00 at night too its a pain isnt but its the only time I can get there. I have cereal for breakfast then a sarnie for dinner then have my tea after I have been to weigh in..:)

Good luck for weigh in..:)

Im like you - it worries me too! I have a yogurt for brekkie, then a piece of fruit at lunch time....... then eat my tea (a naughty one) after weigh in, its not so bad for me though cos my WI is earlier at 5.30 xxx

Good thread! because i always worry about what im going to eat on WI Day.
I usually have breakfast- weetabix, then savoury rice, which, when i think about it is very heavy on the stomach as it is heavy in the bowl lol, so last week as a change i had a HE-B brown roll with salad.
but i seem to weigh lighter on a red day than i do green because i hardly eat anything on red pmsl.
Ruthy xxxx

Oh I'm glad you all think the same. All I've had this morning is a cup of tea and a tic-tac :p(and I've had to count that as a syn yikes!) I did think about eating a banana I'd brought to work with me and then got it into my head that the heavy banana would sit in my stomach all day.

How silly is this. It just goes to show how eating affects our brains in the most ridiculous way. I've been on Green days since Saturday and again my poor brain is thinking carbs, rice, pasta, bloating whoa !

Right well I may have some soup at lunchtime. I made some butternut squash chilli soup yesterday, so that should be ok.

Oh its a worry lol, all this thinking and stuff !

T4A x

HI
My weigh in day is Tuesday. I have tropical or summer fruits (frozen and from Aldi) defrost overnight or in the micro if I forget serve with FF, for lunch I have soup and then eat after weigh in sometimes a naughty meal but it is 7.30 by the time I get home so last night I prepared a Quorn cottage pie before I went to WI.:D I alsotry ans drink more water on WI day than I normally do - but that is easy as I hardly drink any on other days.:(
Irene

I have strict rules for WI day (wednesday 5.30pm).

I don't eat or drink after midday/1pm. I have no syns before that and eat very little. I have done this for so long now that if I was to change that routine my WI wouldn't be accurate.

You will probably find that most people have routines and rituals for WI day whether it's what they eat/drink or what they wear. I think it's only natural as it is something of personal importance

Well so far I've had:-

A tic tac :sigh:
A cup of tea:)
A small bowl of soup :D
A sneaky wine gum:rolleyes:

Hardly the food of champions but thats my lot before my weigh in tonight............:character00116:

Keeping everything crossed (omg I feel bloated, it must have been the wine gum :vibes:

T4A x

Get into a routine of what you do and don't eat on a Wednesday, that way every week will be the same. Also, eat more than you have in the morning otherwise you will go to SW with a growling belly!

do people wear the same thing to WI each week? or is it just me thats sad and going in clothes that are now actually too big! xxx

I eat normally but just have my tea after weigh in, I found that if I hardly ate during the day of weigh in then i'd be so hungry when I got home from WI that I would stuff on bad food lol, so now I eat as I would usually and have some fruit at 5ish then I'm ok until I get hime and "TRY" to eat god stuff when I get home, but if I stay to class it is usually after 8pm when I get home so end up not feeling like eating much anyway:rolleyes:

I just do the same as I would on any other day. My reasoning is that it's the overall weight loss that's being measured, so as long as I do the same each week it won't matter in the long run if I eat before or after weigh in. Also, mine is at 7.00 pm and I walk there and back - no way am I doing that on an empty stomach :p

Also, if you don't eat enough, your metabolism won't be ticking so fast, and when you do eat your body will cling onto it rather than burning it. Or so I've been told... :D

do people wear the same thing to WI each week? or is it just me thats sad and going in clothes that are now actually too big! xxx
Yep, my trousers are falling onto my hips but I have bought 2 new (lightweight) tops. I'm one of those with rituals I'm afraid!

I just do the same as I would on any other day. Also, if you don't eat enough, your metabolism won't be ticking so fast, and when you do eat your body will cling onto it rather than burning it. Or so I've been told... :D
Yes that is true. If you don't eat regularly your body goes into starvation mode and will store fat as it doesn't know when you will next eat. Eat regularly and it will use the fat, knowing that another lot will be along soon!

I have WI in 20 mins. Today I had pasta, salad, fruit and half a chocolate croissant! I weighed (on my scales) exactly the same when I got home as I did when I got up this morning.

Back