What do you eat when you are STARVING between meals?

OhCarolina

Ive walked a million miles today and its only 2. Ive had brek and lunch and on the run down to dinner i find myself ready to eat the whole world! Trouble is (though probably a good thing) theres nothing really on hand to eat, not that other than fruit there is much anyway.

What are your lifesavers for similar emergencies... ?

I cant eat dinner now or ill just be hank marvin again come 6/7! Argh!

Are you at work or home? ?

I normally graze all day. . I finally took the advice to eat more and it worked!

I have these things at work

Yoghurt
Dried fruit
Fruit
Mugshot
Cous cous
Boiled egg
Popcorn (those little bags I enjoy)
Alpen light
Tin of b choice soup
Cottage cheese
Babybel
Crabsticks

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Are you at work or home? ?

I normally graze all day. . I finally took the advice to eat more and it worked!

I have these things at work

Yoghurt
Dried fruit
Fruit
Mugshot
Cous cous
Boiled egg
Popcorn (those little bags I enjoy)
Alpen light
Tin of b choice soup
Cottage cheese
Babybel
Crabsticks

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Great idea!!!

Im at home, ive had HEXA and HEXB for lunch, i had 2 eggs for brek so i cant have any more or i wont be able to.... 'go' ;p
Im starting to think about grilling a chicken breast... for a snack.... gah!

Ok, i read your ideas again, maybe a mugshot, a coffee, a pint of water and a banana.... i am SO hungry i could bbq a cow!

If you're out and about during a big walk it's quite tricky. I go to the supermarket and get a big bottle of diet lemonade (hunger pangs can sometimes actually be thirst, especially if you're dehydrated). After that I'll have the rest of the stuff I've bought - a bag apples, a pack of wafer-thin ham, the cheapo sliced chicken breast, punnet of cherry tomatoes or strawberries, maybe some babybels. If I'm not in the middle of public view than a jar of gherkins too! But be careful or people will walk by asking when the baby's due ;)

If you're at home keep snacks in, a melon in the fridge is a good plan as they keep for ages and really fill you up. a huge vat of boiled noodles cooked with chicken oxo, soy sauce, and veggies like peppers and mushrooms will fill you up in no time too.

Crabsticks and cottage cheese off that list are a great idea too. Yogurt never fills me up, nor do mugshots.

Quick pasta sauce - fry onions and when brown add tin of chopped tomatoes, some tomato puree and a load of salt, pepper and mixed herbs. Stick the lot over half a bag of boiled dried pasta and you'll burst on freefood :D You can go from "what shall I eat" to "stuffing your face" in about 10 mins with that one.

I found a small tin of baked beans so put a teaspoon of marmite in and now eating these out of a cup, mmm
Im going to have to batch boil up some pasta.

As others have said, if you are still hungry a short time after eating you are not eating enough! Have a big breakfast & it will keep you going for at least 4 hrs, the same for lunch, then a lighter supper.
My food diary from yesterday: Breakfast.
Beans, sausage,tomato, mushrooms, egg, yogurt & toast .
Lunch.
Chicken chasseur with rice, side salad & fruit.
Supper.
Black bean stir fry, fruit.

As others have said, if you are still hungry a short time after eating you are not eating enough! Have a big breakfast & it will keep you going for at least 4 hrs, the same for lunch, then a lighter supper.
My food diary from yesterday: Breakfast.
Beans, sausage,tomato, mushrooms, egg, yogurt & toast .
Lunch.
Chicken chasseur with rice, side salad & fruit.
Supper.
Black bean stir fry, fruit.

Hi Bilsat!

Your black bean stirfry sounds lovely - how do you do it?

Pippa

Hi Pippa.
Follow the link on my signature to "petes recipe book"
Then the index is on page 93 or failing that to to minimins.com then slimming world then slimming world recipes then petes recipe book.
One way or another gets you to my recipes, depends if you are on a home computer or tablet/phone!
Pete

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Unless theres a bit of leftover chicken (red day) then id probably have apple or melon with a glass of water or cup of tea.

Back