What do you find you do different on weigh-ins with bigger losses?

Despite what the posters above have said, I find drinking at least 2litres water a day really does help, as I tend to retain water and bloat otherwise.

I'm sort of with Starlight on the water malarky.

recently the advice on the recommended amount of water intake has changed, Now the advice is 8 glasses or 1.2L of fluid a day needed for good health, all of this does not have to be water. That is less than the old 2L as we take in water from our food as well.

Diets like cd and ll recommend more fluid to partly make up for the fact there is no water intake from food. having said that drinking 2L of water a day is certainly not going to do anyone any harm. I regularly drink 2-3L of fluid a day,buts that my personal preference and I have always drank a lot. If you enjoy drinking that amount of water and it makes you feel good, then go for it but it is not essential for good health.

I think it is confusing when advice on what constitutes a healthy diet changes but with new scientific research this will always be the case, we just need to adapt with the new info on diet just like anything else.

On my own weight loss - I notice no huge difference in what I do or eat week to week affecting my weight loss in any way

You have to be very careful when drinking large amounts of water/fluid .

I have done LL. Whilst I was doing it, one lady from a class a few miles away from me died after taking in too much water in too short a time. She had tried to drink something like 4ls over 2 hours and it had an impact on her bodies salt and chemical composition. It was very sad. I shall see if I can find the article. It was all over the news.

Here you go:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...inking-Too-Much-Water/Article/200812215177968

And just for the science bods:

http://biochemistry.suite101.com/article.cfm/fatal-water-intoxication

You know looking at people on here I see that they seem to lose big after a blip week or a sts week?
I just wondered if people see a bigger loss if they do anything different?
x

I know what you meant but in all honesty does it matter what others are doing differently? Your losses are fine and your doing great! I feel that you seem to be obsessed with losing massive amounts when it isnt needed

Back