What do you get when you join?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by gnomiegirl, 17 January 2011 Social URL.

1. gnomiegirl

gnomiegirl Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I wonder if anyone can advise me please?

I'd really like to join WW and try the new Propoints but money is tight and I feel guilty spending on me :eek:

I have a voucher from the Daily Mail for free registration and 1st meeting :D but wondering what you get at your 1st meeting.

Last time I joined, it was Discovery plan and it seemed about 6 weeks before I had got all the various bits and bobs I needed to fully understand and do the plan.

Can anyone tell me if it's the same now?

Many thanks! ;)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sarah-_-jane

sarah-_-jane Member

I think you get enough on the first meeting to give it a go. You get a blue folder with the wheel. If you can justify the calculator then you'd be fine to go along collect your stuff and just buy that. The only thing I have got in the second week is a little magazine type thing.

4. Rkmriddell

Rkmriddell Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Have to agree with pp. I went to the first meeting to try and get my head around it and then subscribed online. I don't think really that the paperwork they give you is massively helpful anyway but that's jmo!

it's worth going to pick up a calculator, find out your point allowance and get a basic understanding. After that i think these forums will be able to help you with whatever you need x

5. gnomiegirl

gnomiegirl Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you for the replies!

Maybe I'll pop along tomorrow and hope to pick up enough info to make a start........it seems rude not to use the voucher :D

6. Flutterbye

Flutterbye Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.96%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim TFR
    I signed up online, it's wayyyyyy cheaper; £10.95 a month, and there's a deal on now, which is even cheaper than that LOL, plus I pref typing in what I want to look up in the tracker rather than buy yet another book, in case they decide to change the points again

7. SallyCinnamonBun

SallyCinnamonBun Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    I signed up on line and I don't think you get anything to hold in your hands. I like the iPhone app and the online stuff but I like to look through books aswell. I might buy some on eBay.

8. Smirky

Smirky Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Pro points
    if you'd rather getting all the information in hand and down on paper definitely go to a meeting, for free you've got nothing to lose really! :) and at least then you can pick up the bits and bobs you need and then scarper ;) xx

9. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you join up online, do it through Quidco because they essentially pay you 15p to join - the join up fee for three months is £29.85 but then you get £30 cash back :D

10. gnomiegirl

gnomiegirl Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you for all the replies - sorry my "thanks" button has gone awol ;)

I went along and joined (just to get the info really) and gave it a week and found I really liked PP so I went back the next week and signed up for a monthly pass :D

11. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.