Red Days what do you have with yours?

Kankles

Silver Member
When you're on a red day what things do you have to go with your meat other than salad.

I mainly do EE but losses have been slow so I want to try and incorporate some red days. I started to type up my menu for the week and then just got stumped.

Hi there

unless you want to save your heBs for cereal bars, cereal, bread -you can have 198g new potatoes or 227g jacket potato per heB..
I have started having a carb curfew -so in an evening if I don't want salad, stir fry I find roasting carrots, onions, swede, peppers etc a good substitute -they seem to have more "fill" than plain ole steamed veggies sometimes ;)
Mashed swede/carrot works well too

butternut squash!!!!
fantastic stuff! i love having butternut squash chips with things,or cubes etc.....basically i use it as i would potato.
it makes a fantastic substitute,really kills those carb cravings i get on red days,very filling and satisyfying and of course it is superfree and superspeed too!

Roasted med veg - red onion, courgettes, cherry tomatoes, butternut squash, aubergines, mushrooms, peppers - all cut into bite sized chunks, spritz of Fry Light and splash of balsamic vinegar and pop in oven for 45/1hr on 190c - delicious!! xx

I eat a lot of mushrooms & butternut squash but other veg I prefer with a sauce or gravy. I'm a bit fussy with veg!!!

I usually have a HEB of potato, or will have a load of veggies and cover them in a sauce of sort (synned of course!!!) I love Red days - but at weekend i find it easier to do EE! silly, but the way it goes! xxx

The other day I put the following in a dish in the oven - red onion wedges, fennel slices, butternut squash, courgettes, aubergines, chestnut mushrooms, spray of frylight, splash of soy sauce, squeeze of lemon juice, seasoning. Cooked it all until things started to go brown around the edges. Delicious.

I would never put a sauce or gravy on vegetables because for me that would ruin them - I want them to taste of themselves, not something else.

Tonight I am having chicken with braised fennel and steamed green beans.

Back