What do you like most about CC?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by RachBlue, 15 September 2011 Social URL.

1. RachBlue

RachBlue Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cal Counting @ 1550cals / day + following Dr Stephen Gullo's theories about knowing your weaknesses
    For me it's the control freakery (I always have been and probably always will be a major control freak, and I'm at peace with that fact by now :cool:) and aside from all the numbers, weighing, forward-planning, etc, it's the bit where I can have literally anything, from chocolate to mayonnaise to butter, so long as I count it in and don't go crazy. But no diet guru comes along and bans a whole food group, or says it will wreck the rest of my diet by throwing me out of ketosis or whatever...:rolleyes:

What do you like most about this way of losing/managing weight? :)
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ApplySomePressure

ApplySomePressure Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Calorie Counting
    I also like the fact I can eat anything as long as I count it in to my calories. I do want to be healthy as well as lose weight though so I am eating a lot more fruit & veg but I'm not cutting anything out.

I like that I can keep a social life- I've done Cambridge and found it difficult if not impossible to go out with friends as I quickly realised 99% of things I do with friends are at least in part food/ alcohol based. I went for a night out at the weekend, I'd done lots of walking in the day so I had extra cals and I stuck to vodka diet coke.

Have to say though the main thing I love probably because of the above two is that I don't feel like I'm on a diet. I'm just eating healthier and putting it all into mfp!
  4. NatalieMeadows

NatalieMeadows Full Member

I like that it's working :) I am losing every week and I have struggled so much over the years to lose every week and good amounts :)
    It's a flexible diet and with the help of MFP everything can be counted :)
  5. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I like the fact that there is nothing to feel guilty about. It all just comes down to choices, so you can eat that slice of cake or have a few glasses of wine safe in the knowledge that it isn't 'wrong' you can just cut back elsewhere and maybe have some soup and fruit instead of a full roast.

It is our choice with no one saying dont eat this or that!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.