What do you miss most....

I think its down to common sense and judgement really. I know things like the cheeses and liver are important and do have a real theory behind them. I do avoid these types of things but if it was a one off then to be honest id probably eat it. The ice cream thing did surprise me to be honest, but I think for me i would like to know what the facts are and why they say not to have it, I don't remember ever being told not to eat that type of ice cream but hey I live in Scotland, its not often we have Mr whippy weather haha!x

Also our maternity notes contain an extensive section which includes what you can't eat during pregnancy and soft serve ice cream and milkshakes is included on that list - and the notes are provided by the nhs.

X x x

I know there are websites that will tell you that but I find it best to stick to one thing which is official government guidelines and even then its probably over cautious, women have been havibg babies since the beginning of time and i bet thry didnt have lists of does and donts haha, and lol about the sheep I'd find that pretty hard too seen as my
Back garden backs on to farmers fields and Sheep just wander round our village like cats haha! I have heard that one before though but not sure how much truth there actually is to it, isn't it similar to not touching cat litter and soil etc x

How weird maybe it's different in different areas then,
I've been under 2 different nhs trusts this pregnancy and had different notes and booking in info each time but nothing about milkshakes or icecream! Suppose it could be regional like I doubt they would say avoid sheep to people that live in a big city haha xx

Loopy-Loo said:
I think its down to common sense and judgement really. I know things like the cheeses and liver are important and do have a real theory behind them. I do avoid these types of things but if it was a one off then to be honest id probably eat it. The ice cream thing did surprise me to be honest, but I think for me i would like to know what the facts are and why they say not to have it, I don't remember ever being told not to eat that type of ice cream but hey I live in Scotland, its not often we have Mr whippy weather haha!x

Lol! I'm in Wales our whippy vans are out rain and shine!

It's because although places like McDonald's wash them out the tubes are so tiny they can't be cleaned thoroughly enough to deffinately prevent listeria - my husband works at McDonald's the mcflurry machines don't get turned off they are continuously on and topped up, not worth the risk to me it took me too long to get pregnant to risk my baby for an ice cream lol

X x x

mrs-s said:
How weird maybe it's different in different areas then,
I've been under 2 different nhs trusts this pregnancy and had different notes and booking in info each time but nothing about milkshakes or icecream! Suppose it could be regional like I doubt they would say avoid sheep to people that live in a big city haha xx

With sheep it's because have you ever noticed how a field either has pregnant sheep or lambs but never a mix of both... Sheep release a hormone when they go into labour and all the sheep in the field will lamb at the same time. The hormone can also bring on labour in women but if your in the first stages it can cause miscarriage so they tell you to stay away. Wonder what farmers wives do lol

X x x

Pretty much! If my waters went now and had to go in it would be fine with what I've got, planning to get everything else this weekend my whole list I need for everything is

2x pairs leggings (for me with c section not gunna wanna wear my jeans )
Lansinoh cream
Spare teats for bottles
New lead for steriliser as I've lost it
Crib mattress
Breast feeding pillow

That's it!!! All done now, oh and present for jess, I've washed my fave pjs today to put in bag, just need d my dressing gown a weekend and then will be all done. Need to pack all the snack stuff In a bag too ready to go that's in cupboard and do jesses bag.

Pretty organised now arnt I haha lol xxx

Ooo exciting! My cousin is due may 14th

I've started packing my hospital bag already (I'm super almost anally organised ... I have lists!!!)

It's got in it shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste, freshness wipes, roll on deoderant, spray deoderant, water bottle spray, pack of hair bobbles, pack of maternity pads, pack of breast pads, hairbrush, three nighties and a new box of alpen light bars lol.

I Need my tens machine and spare batteries, camera, slippers, dressing gown, changes of clothes, paracetamol, bottles of flavoured water, not sure what else I would have to check my list, I've not started babies bag yet lol!

X x x

Deodorant and hairbrush thanks for that haha! I've just been throwing things in better get it all out and make sure it's right hadn't I! I'm taking like 4 bags but that's cus I'll be in a while, bag for me, one for LO then a carrier bag with all snacks in and another to keep in car with extra nappies wipes etc incase we run out lol my snack bag for me and dh is so so bad haha

Lucozade
Cartons Ribena
3 for £1 bags of jelly sweets from asda
Big bag giant buttons
4 pack mars bars
4 pack snickers
Sour cream Pringles
Pack of Frosties cereal bars

Gunna put some jelly babies, strawberry volvic and some cake bars in too and get dh to bring me some sandwiches etc everyday plus get me costa from downstairs, the food in that hosp is horrible so gunna get by on all my naughty snacks. I bet i come out and I've put a stone on haha xx

Lol our hospital has awesome food! ( my dad was in a long time with his cancer before he died) we used to have a munch on his food because chemo turned his tummy and they do a really good cooked breakfast and a fit triffle! Lol

X x x

Sorry to hear about your dad xx

I've stayed at this hosp a couple of times and the food is really awful, I don't mind the breakfasts as its toast and cereal or eggs etc, but the lunch and dinners just sound horrid and look unrecognisable. I'm planning on getting people to bring me mcdonalds or sandwiches etc from Tesco on the way in haha, and I said before there is a costa coffee in the entrance so I'll stock up on my favourite chocolate brownies from there and lattes haha xx

Back