What do you MISS the most (WARNING FOOD THREAD)

no I don't dream of it quite yet - I am quite scared of eating right now cos I just don't want to waste the money! I have however missed to evening packs as I have fallen asleep due to exhaustion.

i agree with buffydog...buttered toast!!! and lately i can't get cheese on toast off my mind...it's funny how all the simple foods seem so luxurious to me now i can't have them!!!

i have had the dream...it was wine gums...i woke up in a total flap!!! x

Thats easy.. CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE AND MORE CHOCOLATE :)

for some reason im craving hot buttered white toast soldiers dipped into a runny egg!
or just a tuna and red onion sandwich on brown bread. hmmm shud probs stop thinking about it! haha

Me, I'm missing a Chinese! Yum!! I also really really want some Salmon Fishcakes with a mahoosive salad!

Lol yeah i dream about food every night, although now i've learn't to enjoy it rather than panic.

Has to be marmite sarnies for me. My sons addicted to it aswell and thats all he takes in his packed lunch for school. So I have to make them every morning. Boy does that marmite smell good.lol

Well I keep finding myself sniffing food, as my boyfriend prepares his, when I walk down the street..........I even closed my eyes in the bakery aisle in Sansburys the other day. I never realised before how much of the taste is to do with smell. Does that make sense to anyone else?

K x

I'm with Hedgemag and Bunny - definately chocoalate it's my biggest downfall - couldn't get enough pre CD! Only caved in twice and bought some twice in the last three months - before that I would have a big bar (and I mean big) of Cadbury fruit & nut or wholenut every Sunday evening - comfort eating before the next week at work lol.

cheddar...im missing it so much!!!!! Was making my daughters lunch and had to walk away and get her to make it herself!!!!
Also a real baddy that probably got me where i am today.....chinese soft thin noodles,curry sauce and mini veg spring rolls..........oh id love it now and only 4 days into this!!!!!

Camilla, I am so glad to hear that about the taste of food after cd. I have been hoping that my palette will be cleansed and I will want to have a diet that is mostly full of veggies and lean protein and not the fried food I used to love even though in reality when I was eating all that junk, I would feel terrible. I had a small serving of veg when I went out to lunch with co-workers. They were steamed and tasted lovely. I ate them very slowly and it was heaven. Usually I have shakes or soups only each day so the veggies were really a treat.
edi

Oh heck where do I start? As a way of trying to identify what type of foods were my downfall I started to write a list. Everytime I thought 'oooh I could just eat a...' I added it to my list. Here's a couple of things I really miss:
Steak
Sausage, mash and onion gravy
Nachos and cheese sauce
Chicken chow mein
I could go on....
The one thing I've noticed is that despite what I originally thought, my trigger foods are savoury - I can take or leave the sweet stuff. Now that was unexpected!!!!

Camilla, I am so glad to hear that about the taste of food after cd. I have been hoping that my palette will be cleansed and I will want to have a diet that is mostly full of veggies and lean protein and not the fried food I used to love even though in reality when I was eating all that junk, I would feel terrible. I had a small serving of veg when I went out to lunch with co-workers. They were steamed and tasted lovely. I ate them very slowly and it was heaven. Usually I have shakes or soups only each day so the veggies were really a treat.
edi

Like you I used to like my fried food and full fat fizzy drinks! Definitely not anymore it's vegetables all the way:D:D:D

I really hope you find the same, let me know!

Back