What do you pay?

Missjlouise

Silver Member
I joined my local fitness center last year for £20 a month but as they say ...you get what you pay for.

At the time I got it on a student deal and it is due for renewal ( or cancellation) The gym is very basic but the pool and changing rooms are filthy and freezing cold!

It is very close to my work and about 20 mins from home.

I have been looking at a private gym near my home LA FITNESS I dont drive so it is very convienient! The equiptment is fantastic and it has beautiful changing rooms nice pool, sauna, jacquzzi and steam room! The team seem dedicated and they even have a computerised personal training touch screen section that give you print outs of what you should work on based on your 6 week check ups that come with your membership.

When it came to prices she quoted £44 a month I got her down to £36 then told her I would think about it

What do you pay and what for?

Diet: Slimming world- EE
Start Date: March 2011
Start Weight: 185lb
Current Weight: 180.5lb
Goal Weight: 126lb
Goal Date: Summer 2012

Statistics:
Total Weight Loss: 4.5lb
Weight to Lose: 54.5lb
% Lost 2.43%

Thats what I can see for my stats what can you see?

£26 a month

inc:
unlimited exerise class
unlimited swimming
unlimited climbing wall use
unlimited sauna/steam room use
unlimited gym use and half price gym induction

i barely use the steam rooms, never use swimming pool or climbing wall though. i love the classes though! the gym staff are ace, every 6 weeks they keep updating my programmes for me (i have 5 now) when gabby updates it she makes it very very tough lol.

£44 a month (with corporate discount) for everything at a luxury hotel complex. Looking at changing soon due to moving home and much better deals available elsewhere!

£44 a month (with corporate discount) for everything at a luxury hotel complex. Looking at changing soon due to moving home and much better deals available elsewhere!

Wow thats a lot

I pay £23.50 per month at my local fitness centre. Its partly ran by council, partly by a private company. My package is the off-peak deal, I can have unlimited swimming, gym, sauna and classes between 9am-3pm weekdays and anytime on weekends. I think its reasonably priced, my DH pays £6 each time he visits just the gym so the package is value for money. I could have gone in my uni gym for half the price, but its 30 miles away so by the time I've put petrol in my car to get there its not worth the discount! xx

£10.99 a month for a gym open 24/7 with no contract. It is just a gym with changing rooms, lockers and showers. Has really good equipment and is staffed during the day. Doesn't have a pool or spa or anything but I'm not too bothered by that.

£18 pm, which includes use of all facilities and classes, it has great opening times. Run by the local council, had loads of money spent on it a couple of years ago so that it would be used as a trainning facility prior to the Olympics, although the private run gyms are swish they cost a lot more bucks too.

£2 a month, work gym ;)

All the usual stuff, but no steam rooms or saunas or pools. We have two of those power plate things, plus pool tables and dart boards, tis more of a sports & social club but for £2 a month, I really cannot complain!! Haven't tried out the showers as I never have time (I go during my lunch break) and I don't sweat very much, but they're clean and tidy, and the changing rooms are too :) the water coolers ALWAYS have cold water and there are fans built into the treadmills so they blow cold air at your face (or in my case, at the very top of my forehead :p).

xxx

£99 for a year

good gym, all kit duplicated on two floors so two smiths, two entire racks of dumbells up to 40kg etc.., no pool no sauna but its new. monthly is £12.99

I pay £45 a month for gym/classes/spa/sauna---no pool---------but its 2mins from my house, and I only do classess, sometimes 7 a week, of which there is always room--and fab variety --the instructers are really friendly and great fun ---I could have had a £25 membership at another gym but there clasess are always booked up and I would have to get in the car to get there--so hourses for courses

I pay 52 a month at the moment but when I turn 21 it will go up 76 a month, have given my 3 months notice for cancellation as there is a gym at work I can use for free, not nearly as glamorous as my current gym, but that's a ridiculous amount of money!

I pay 52 a month at the moment but when I turn 21 it will go up 76 a month, have given my 3 months notice for cancellation as there is a gym at work I can use for free, not nearly as glamorous as my current gym, but that's a ridiculous amount of money!
:eek: That is expensive!!

That is a crazy amount of money ...Thank God for your gym at work!

anna_vixen said:
I know, at least I'm not the only one that thinks that its silly money! x

In my eyes that's a joke. Mines over half that for the same things.

Back