What do you put in the SOTW basket?

This week I got a whole packet of hifi bars in mine which was a bonus. And a can of diet pepsi!

I hate cous-cous and I keep putting the 3 sachets I got, back in the sotw basket.....but keep winning them back! No chance of that this week!

I usually put a kiwi in there. But other than that I'll be putting in something syn free that will come from my aldi shop!

Our consultant does stress that we should bring something syn free :)

I'm a slow loser so I dont see me winning the SOW basket, however I have won the raffle once already which was a lovely basket of veggies :) :) :)

Ours is a fruit basket so nothing else goes in it. Once when I won it there was home grown toms in and they were amazing.

I used to love our raffle - if you put on you used to bring in something low syn and we'd raffle it off tickets were 20p a strip. Now they are 50p a strip and its usually something like hand gel or shower stuff.

carefull with the kiwi.. a friend of mine is alergic and he'd have to throw out any fruit that it touched..

but then that could be said of most things I suppose.. can you be alergic to grapes? :)

I know someone who has a severe allergy to apples and pears, to the extent that things can't touch. He has an epipen.

Our SOTW basket usually has fruit, veggies, hi fi's, packets, sometimes stirfry stuff etc. Our raffle is 50p a strip and the prize is nearly always the ingredients for a recipe, along with a copy of the recipe of course.

I have never won SOTW and I doubt I ever will.

x

our raffles are a bag of fruit and veg, except where the C hasn't had time / been able to get somewhere to buy some, like after x-mas I won and got to pick a book, so I had a nice new 2011 directory for a 50p ticket.. :)

Careful Coconut isn't syn free!!!!
That's why I give it away mollusc my dear;)

On a more serous note I don't think it has to be syn free - healthy is the operative word (I think!) I've seen all sorts in there without anyone questioning.

I do think as someone else mentioned it can become a dumping ground for those sell-by items.

Mmmmm maybe its just my class that has a syn free SOW basket :confused:

Ours is low syn (less than 5), so it is mostly fruit and veggies but I make sure that I label anything that isn't free! :)

The prizes from my old class were always the SW recipe books or the little branded snack and free food books, she did the directory as a prize once too!

Our C didn't say anything about this when she did the induction last week but I looked around tonight and spotted a motley crew of tins, stock cubes and fruit on the centre table... they do a raffle and I thought last week the tins were prizes?

Back