What do you put in the SOTW basket?

Well, in the three weeks I've been there I've put pineapple, a mug shot and a pack of low fat supernoodles in. Our basket is usually full of tinned or dried foods and the odd piece of fruit or veg. Our raffles have been pretty good since I've been going too. Last week was a slow cooker (I was ONE number off. Gutted! :p) and this week was a set of Pirex dishes. Awesome!

I usually put in tinned tuna or a mugshot, I have some sugar free jelly so may put that in on Wednesday. I won SOTW last week and there was lots of different useful items in mine all free or low syn.

our SOTW prizes aren't worth winning :s majority of the class doesnt bring anything...and the week I won I brought home what my mum and I brought with us plus an extra apple or something..

JemmaBe said:
Sugar free jelly every time, sometimes with gelatine leaves and the recipe for jelly sweets. I massively underestimated how many jelly sweets a sachet makes, so now have so much gelatine and sugar free jelly, and don't like the sweets myself :p

Jemma, how do you make the jelly sweets? And how many syns are they? They sound lovely!

I will be putting fruit in the sotw basket.

not really any use if a bloke wins it though is it?
what if someone put in some aftershave?

I won the raffle last week and won a £10 Asda voucher. C said not to be spent on wine!!!! I was good, it went on fruit and low fat from frais, quark, and other S W foods. It helped the bill a lot.:D

With regard to the raffle, our C usually has a SW recipe and all the ingredients as a prize. I won the other week and it was syn free pannacotta delish. The previous week was colcannon cakes, clever idea as it inspires you to try something you may not usually attempt.

Apparently they were delicious, do sound a bit weird though i must agree.

I have a moral dilemma. I bought some seasoning for salmon (a whole jar!), used about a tablespoon, but dont like it. I only bought it on wednesday. Is it mega cheeky to put this in SOTW basket?

I have a moral dilemma. I bought some seasoning for salmon (a whole jar!), used about a tablespoon, but dont like it. I only bought it on wednesday. Is it mega cheeky to put this in SOTW basket?

If I was going to put this in I would put it in a plain jar with a ribbon and make a nice label for it, give it a homemade feel. It would look more like a gift then.

You could always tape a note to it, or explain to the group / winner that you tried it but didn't like it etc..
Somone put a bottle of frylite "better than butter" in one that I won, and explained that she'd had a few pumps out of it but didn't like it, so I was happy to have it as it's £2+ and I was running out. :)

Muller light (cherry which I hate but you get in the pack) or a hi fi bar! x

I usually put in some baked beans, mushy peas or some fruit!

This week I shared the SOTW basket with another member (-3lb each) and I got half of its contents:-

3 oranges, 3 apples, 2 pears, 2 large plums, 2 bananas, 2 kiwis, tin mixed veg, tin beans, 1 pkt pasta & sauce, 1 pkt savory rice, a pack of noodles with 5 servings in it and a chocolate hifi bar. Oh, almost forgot - and a 50p piece.

We took turns to chose an item each and the other winner had more or less the same as me but she chose ratatouille and I had the mixed veg. She also got 50p :D

I seem to have an abundance of heinz spaghetti in my cupboard so that's what's going in next weeks basket.

I like the idea of skin cream or pampering stuff - we do have a male class member but he comes with his wife and I'm sure she'd be happy to share the spoils with him. lol

I just get something cheap from home and bargin, alpen light bars or savoury rice. The same guy wins it every week and he doesn't even bring anything for the basket, so I don't see the point in taking anything expensive.

I wouldn't put it in without saying something, I would make sure you don't have to use it within so many days firstly, as it has already been opened. Then I would take it to group and explain why it's opened like Coljack says :D

Back