What do you take to work?

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
What do you take to work for lunch, I start work monday and don't want to come of plan, but i don't eat salad, so i am a bit stuck as to what to take, any ideas?

How about some quiche, mug shots , pasta n sauce, sandwiches of different flavours and chicken drumsticks?? Hope this helps!!

I take couscous into work- i dont see why you cant make it the night before and eat it cold.. you could add things to it too like chick peas/beans etc (not the baked ones in sauce lol)
I also have beans on toast as we have a microwave and toaster.
Mugshots
Sarnies
Pasta salads
I have even taken in a box of ham and some fish sticks when on the red plan
I always supplement it with fruit and a muller light- i may not eat it all at lunch but it comes in useful at 3 o'clock when my mind drifts to snacking!!
Oh and diet coke too- abit of a change from boring water!
Thats all i can think of right now- hope this helps.xx

Mugshots, muller lights, fruit.
I also take chilli to heat up, savoury rice to make when I'm there. Or chicken, onion, peppers with rice.

I used to like to make a bit extra dinner at night and take it in the next day. Like extra chillie, spag bol etc. I prefer lunches like that as i don't really care much for sandwiches and i hate salad. Also jacket potatoes , pasta in sauce that sort of thing.

I used to like to make a bit extra dinner at night and take it in the next day. Like extra chillie, spag bol etc. I prefer lunches like that as i don't really care much for sandwiches and i hate salad. Also jacket potatoes , pasta in sauce that sort of thing.

This is what I do for lunches too - although periodically I do a bulk cook of something like that and stick a load of it in the freezer.

I always take 4 pieces of fruit, a muller light and 2 alpen lights (HEXB) then the rest I vary a bit.
Most days I have soup, some I'll have leftovers (pasta etc) and some days I have a real treat and have a cheese sarnie!
When I do a cheese sandwhich I use 2 HEXA's, of low fat cheddar (grated) and laughing cow x light tri's, and a HEXB of 2 slices of nimble. Sometimes I go wild and have cucumber in it too! lol
I do find I have to mix it or I get bored. And I take way too much food and eat some in the car on the way home to stop me stopping off and buying a bar of chocolate! Or even going to the garage accross the road in the day!
Hope that helps with some ideas.
Emma xXx

Is there a microwave? I like taking a starch (potato, rice, barley, couscous, etc) and adding beans or a bean chili to it. Warm in microwave for 2 mins or so. I also bring 2 cups or so of a frozen vegetable - green beans, brocolli or a mix of some sort - and microwave for a few minutes. Filling and good.

Christy

Most days I bring in a salad with a selection of 'bits' (peppers, gerkins, artichokes) and then buy some cooked prawns or chicken on the way to work and add them to the salad to make it a bit more exciting. It's not the cheapest way to go though. One problem though is that having salad in the winter just screams "I'm on a diet" and my nosy colleagues all then have their little bit to say (you should/shouldn't weigh yourself, you should/shouldn't follow a plan etc) which can get VERY annoying as I'm trying not to draw attention to myself.

Today I have left over chilli - yum!

If you don't have a microwave at work you can buy thermos flasks for food, which have a wide neck and come with a spoon. So I heated up my chilli this morning and it'll still be hot at lunchtime.

Most days I bring in a salad with a selection of 'bits' (peppers, gerkins, artichokes) and then buy some cooked prawns or chicken on the way to work and add them to the salad to make it a bit more exciting. It's not the cheapest way to go though. One problem though is that having salad in the winter just screams "I'm on a diet" and my nosy colleagues all then have their little bit to say (you should/shouldn't weigh yourself, you should/shouldn't follow a plan etc) which can get VERY annoying as I'm trying not to draw attention to myself.

Today I have left over chilli - yum!

If you don't have a microwave at work you can buy thermos flasks for food, which have a wide neck and come with a spoon. So I heated up my chilli this morning and it'll still be hot at lunchtime.

Food flasks are fab, i got one from asda and it was about £4 i think. I take it with me to days out with hubby and the kids. If i'm taking a picnic lunch i make them sandwiches etc and i take my foodflask, some of the things i take are pastan sauce, savoury rice etc. They are a great invention lol and it works, the last time i made pasta in the morning put in my flask then at luch it was still very hot, i had to leave it to cool down x

Before you put the food into it, fill it with boiling water then pour it out. Food stays warm for longer this way, honestly great investment, can you tell i like mine lol x

It's like a regular flask but tends to be shorter and wider, so you can actually eat out of it with a spoon.

Back