What do you tell your friends......

Rubydebi

Hi all again, I know this is a bit of a strange one but I was wondering if you have all told your friends you are on the diet??

I havent told mine for the reason that some of them would roll their eyes at me, tell me its a quick fix, or "oh you wont stick to it" and this would really demotivate me!!

SO tomorrow I have a dilema - I am going xmas shopping with a friend all day! How am I going to get out of having lunch!!??? Has anyone else had this dilema??

xxx:confused:

I haven't told anybody, I hide my cambridge packs as if they were a drug stash lol. I think you're right not to tell them but that's just my opinion. I've been telling people i have been working out more and watching what i'm eating, that seems to be acceptable to most people. You could tell your friends that you are feeling unwell and are going to stick to water, they won't "make" you eat if you are unwell. x

Yep have hidden them today!! hehe....

I think tomorrow when i go shopping with my friend im gona tell her i had a massive brekky and going out for dinner that eve so I wont have lunch out!!! Il just stick to water!! Or something like that!! hehe, glad im not the only crazy one that doesnt tell anyone!! x

I did SS for 3 months without letting on to anyone. You know your friends and who you can tell and who not too. If you are out for lunch maybe just get a black coffee take a bar out of its wrapper and nibble that or just hold it in the wrapper hiding the CWP logo as far as their concern its just a chocolate bar. If you're doing SS+ or above have you meal at lunch with your friends you can get a chicken salad (or chicken and veg) in most places now a days, if it comes with chips or potatoes etc, either leave them, or ask to not have them. Equally if it comes with a sauce, ask for it plain or the sauce on the side. When it comes to mealtimes say you just need to run an errand or make a private phone call and you catch them up latter, it's surprising how imaginative you get. If out for drinks, get your own drinks, get a fizzy water they won't know there is a Gin or Vodka in it. Or your on antibiotics so can have alcohol at the moment. You'll soon get the hang of it. If you do tell anyone and they say its a fad diet or a quick fix, tell them it was developed at Cambridge University, has been around for over 28 years in its current form, and is the most researched diet in the world, and if you follow it properly, especially the stabilisation, and long term management the weight will stay off, (all true by the way) I lost 7 1/2 stone 4 years ago and have kept it off. :)

Wow thank you for that! Gave me some fab ideas!
I'm on SS+ so I might have a small meal at lunch time just chick n salad plain..!

Well done by the way for keeping the weight off!! Sounds like u have done brilliantly! Xx

I haven't told anyone apart from my family who are super supportive.

lunch out.. Hmm tricky one. To be honest i have just avoided meals out, but understand thats not always possible. if they are a good friend would they understand if you sat there with a bar or tetra? In 20 weeks I have had 2 meals out- and had chicken salad (literally chicken and lettuce- nothing extra) each time and turned it into a ss+ day, hasn't affected my loss but again it's understandable if you don't want to do this.

Fizzy water and a straw is a good trick! Shouldn't get any questions there! Or a coffee or tea (I am ss+ so can have skimmed milk but maybe you could have them black?)

good luck! X

Back