What do you use balsamic vinegar for??

LorraineM

So far I have only added to to stuff, like the sw bbq sauce, but I wondered what else you guys used balsamic on???

xx

I make a thing with a tin of tuna and tinned mixed bean salad, and put loads of the stuff into that (woth some red peppers too) ans it tastes brilliant!! I use it to roast veg with, with frylight, and instead of malt vinegar on wedges / sw chips too.

It tastes great as a free salad dressing.

I use it on sauteed mushrooms.:)

tomato and basil salad - slice tomato on a plate, sprinkle pinch of salt over, shred some basil leaves and confetti over, get a tsp of balsamic and drip over, trying to get a drip on each bit of tomato (Do not try and drizzle free style if you are at all clumsy like me - we had to rinse the tomatoes once after a hefty glug)

Grated cooked beetroot and raw carrot, splash of balsamic

On roasted Mediterranean veg (tomato, onion, red / yellow peppers, courgette, garlic cloves, mushrooms) - make double for dinner, put half in a tupperware with a splash or two of balsamic, and a dash of olive oil if you can spare the syns. Next day toss through couscous... or have with a HEXB pitta and hummous... (regretting now that I have planned a Red week....)

Salads!

and chicken :p

If u reduce it in a pan it goes sticky and tastes GORGEOUS over beef fillets! Careful it could get too thick. Keep an eye on it.

I'm another one who uses it as a salad dressing :D

I took a tip from someone on minimins the other day & washed out an old fry light bottle & put my balsamic vinegar in it. Perfect for covering your salad without drenching it :)

Ok yes. Just reduce the vinegar. Make sure u whisk it while reducing! It will burn because of the sugar content. Reduce it by half. It will have a syrup like quality to it. SO SO GOOD!

I'm going to say yes. Just because its 20 Cal per tbsp. Most people don't use that much. But when u reduce it by half I would def say that 1 tbsp is at least 1 syn. What's ur opinion?

Back