What do you wear to a Winter wedding?

Discussion in 'Retail Therapy' started by Curvy_Chicken, 15 September 2006 Social URL.

1. Curvy_Chicken

Curvy_Chicken Full Member

Hiya

Does anyone have an idea what you would wear to a winter wedding? On November 5th my boyfriend's brother is getting married in Gretna Green and I have no idea what to wear and it is gonna be freezing - especially it will be up north...

I am hoping there will be heating etc...

I could wear this dress which I already have and perhaps wear tights and some kind of jacket.

But it could be too cold as the dress is quite thin.

Any suggestions? Would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Being a softy southerner who lives about an hour south of Gretna, I would suggest you wear this:-
    [​IMG]

4. Curvy_Chicken

5. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

6. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

7. Curvy_Chicken

I already have a lovely denim parka - but I suppose it could be a bit too big on me by november... I can dream!

Thanks Isobel!

8. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

9. Curvy_Chicken

OOOh that is nice - but that reminds me there is a seller on ebay who sells similar stuff perhaps I could get this or even this one and this is lush!

Thanks Isobel - you've given me some good ideas!

Big Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

OOh a demin parka - cool! They look even better when they're too big, hun!

Whatever you wear, I hope you have a fantastic time and remember - girls up norf go out in the snow in boob tubes, so when in Rome LMTO!!!

11. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Oh NOW you're talking my language, hun!!! I LURVE goth stuff!!!!

Stuff the parka - go for number 1 or 2 - DEFFO!!!!!

12. Curvy_Chicken

I could get this dress and there is a shrug that matches - mmm I am liking the idea of going with velvety fabrics...

Bless those northerners in their boobtubes...

Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

13. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Oh my lordie - yes - velvet IS the only winter fabric! That dress is gorgeous!!!!!

I've been trying for years to buy a short-ish black velvet skirt and can't find one ANYWHERE (no matter wot fecking size I've been!!!!) GRRR!!!

14. Curvy_Chicken

there are quite a few sellers on ebay who sell gorgeous original stuff - this another favorite and it would be soo cool to get one of these pirate coats...

I wanna be a pirate...:):D

15. Curvy_Chicken

Isobel - check this out - what do you think?

Or maybe simply this?

16. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

LOL - I dress like a pirate all the time - virtually everything I've got has got a skull on it - belts, t-shirts, hats, gloves everything! lol

Dunno if me cowboy boots go particularly well, but who cares?? I like being mutton and dressing the same as I did in the 80s hahahahahahahah!

17. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Oooh I love the second skirt and would wear it with the first boots!!!!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. Curvy_Chicken

I love the skulls to - wanna get this skirt when I can afford it...

20. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

OMG - that is LUSH!!!!

I am desperate for this - but there's NO way I can EVER justify spending that kind of money on a frock (unless it's for my wedding lol)

[​IMG]It's 270 quid!!!!

21. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Ooh just seen it's in Psyche for 189.99 - do you think that justifies a purchase? lol

22. Curvy_Chicken

wow the clothes there are gorgeous. But like you I could never justify buying any of it... Will have to wait until I am rich...

Boo Hoo!!!:(

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.