What does 200 calories look like?

Kate

CDC/PT/PITA
This is a very useful visual representation of what 200 calories worth of different foods looks like. I find it very interesting but of course it's also very useful!

What Does 200 Calories Look Like?

Thanks for that! I'm using WLR at the mo to get rid of my last few pounds, and am finding it surprisingly eye-opening! I'm not surprised that my 'healthy eating' plans didn't work in the past, let's just put it that way!

Isn't the butter portion scary? 28g of butter = 200 calories! I mean, logically I knew that already (in fact I thought it was even less than 28g - there are 9 calories in every gram of fat) but seeing it on a plate really does impress on you what a tiny amount that is.

Useful - but there would have been even more impact if they'd photographed each thing alongside the same item (say, a cup or a playing card) to give perspective.

Just goes to show though that you don't have to be a greedy 'pig' or consume huge amounts to rack up the calories!

Isn't the butter portion scary? 28g of butter = 200 calories! I mean, logically I knew that already (in fact I thought it was even less than 28g - there are 9 calories in every gram of fat) but seeing it on a plate really does impress on you what a tiny amount that is.

Yeah, it really is, if you spread it thickly, it's more than the bread!!!!

Useful - but there would have been even more impact if they'd photographed each thing alongside the same item (say, a cup or a playing card) to give perspective.

There is perspective, though - each item is on the same plate - you just have to click on the smaller picture to see the bigger version, that's all.

There is perspective, though - each item is on the same plate - you just have to click on the smaller picture to see the bigger version, that's all.

Doh! I get it now! lol

Back