What does 200 calories look like?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Kate, 7 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

This is a very useful visual representation of what 200 calories worth of different foods looks like. I find it very interesting but of course it's also very useful!

What Does 200 Calories Look Like?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dom1979

Dom1979 Gold Member

Thanks for that! I'm using WLR at the mo to get rid of my last few pounds, and am finding it surprisingly eye-opening! I'm not surprised that my 'healthy eating' plans didn't work in the past, let's just put it that way!

4. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Isn't the butter portion scary? 28g of butter = 200 calories! I mean, logically I knew that already (in fact I thought it was even less than 28g - there are 9 calories in every gram of fat) but seeing it on a plate really does impress on you what a tiny amount that is.

5. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Useful - but there would have been even more impact if they'd photographed each thing alongside the same item (say, a cup or a playing card) to give perspective.

Just goes to show though that you don't have to be a greedy 'pig' or consume huge amounts to rack up the calories!

6. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I was surprised looking thru this....very good to know...thx Kate!

7. Dom1979

Dom1979 Gold Member

Yeah, it really is, if you spread it thickly, it's more than the bread!!!!

8. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

There is perspective, though - each item is on the same plate - you just have to click on the smaller picture to see the bigger version, that's all.

9. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Doh! I get it now! lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.