• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What does 200 calories look like?

Kate

CDC/PT/PITA
Thanks for that! I'm using WLR at the mo to get rid of my last few pounds, and am finding it surprisingly eye-opening! I'm not surprised that my 'healthy eating' plans didn't work in the past, let's just put it that way!

Kate

CDC/PT/PITA
Isn't the butter portion scary? 28g of butter = 200 calories! I mean, logically I knew that already (in fact I thought it was even less than 28g - there are 9 calories in every gram of fat) but seeing it on a plate really does impress on you what a tiny amount that is.

S: 17st4lb C: 16st11lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 43 Loss: 0st7lb(2.89%)
Useful - but there would have been even more impact if they'd photographed each thing alongside the same item (say, a cup or a playing card) to give perspective.

Just goes to show though that you don't have to be a greedy 'pig' or consume huge amounts to rack up the calories!

Isn't the butter portion scary? 28g of butter = 200 calories! I mean, logically I knew that already (in fact I thought it was even less than 28g - there are 9 calories in every gram of fat) but seeing it on a plate really does impress on you what a tiny amount that is.
Yeah, it really is, if you spread it thickly, it's more than the bread!!!!

Kate

CDC/PT/PITA
Useful - but there would have been even more impact if they'd photographed each thing alongside the same item (say, a cup or a playing card) to give perspective.
There is perspective, though - each item is on the same plate - you just have to click on the smaller picture to see the bigger version, that's all.

S: 17st4lb C: 16st11lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 43 Loss: 0st7lb(2.89%)
There is perspective, though - each item is on the same plate - you just have to click on the smaller picture to see the bigger version, that's all.
Doh! I get it now! lol