What else can i do??????

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by LisaLoveHandles, 6 May 2011 Social URL.

1. LisaLoveHandles

LisaLoveHandles Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(11.25%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating and exercise
    Hi there,

I am new to the forum..... apparently your all friendly so i am happy to be here!!

does anyone else struggle with weight loss? and im not talking, struggling with the diete aspect of it,

basically, i eat so well, i am the healthiest 'larger lady' i know!!
    i eeat 3 meals a day, good portion sizes not excessive, i eat wholemeal versions of everything, i eat weetabix at brekkie, sandwich and fruit at lunch, and dinner usually consists of chicken/fish/beef/pork ( yes i know beef and pork are fatty but i get lean versions and its not every day anyway) with new potatoes, sweet potatoes and veg. After dinner if i get hungry i snack on fruit or yogurt....

i thought that was good? i exercise 3 times a week at the gym and walk to and from work most days about half hour in total of walking.

i feel like i am at a brick wall cos i just lose weight sooooooooo slowly it gets disheartening, any tips to speed my metabolism maybe? could it even be that?
    i am healthy cos a recent blood test ruled out thyroid problems etc.

any ideas?

sorry for waffling.... (Mmmmmm waffles)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. The Moog

The Moog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(11.74%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and willpower
    I'm like you. My metabolism is sluggish (at best) and I had real difficulty in shifting any weight, despite having a constantly healthy diet.

I saw my GP in the end, who has been fab. Got appointments with nutritionist and physiotherapist (the latter for a health issue which meant no exercise) and they cobbled together a very low cal diet for me to follow alongside gentle exercise.

I've just started the exercise in the past week (it's taken a while to get me capable of it) but the diet adaptations have been life-changing, they really have. Is it worth having a chat to your GP to see if they can offer any suggestions?

4. LisaLoveHandles

LisaLoveHandles Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(11.25%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating and exercise
    Hi Moog.... thanx for your reply... maybe i should go GP's but to be honest, i know i just gotta keep at it and dont get too disheartened, i gotta remember the great feelin i get when i step on those scales and the weight goes down!

5. Noddynoobs

Noddynoobs Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(12.5%)
    hi lisa

recently i have been trying to avoid carbs with my evening meal, and it seems to be working for me! im not craving carbs as i have them with my 2 earlier meals. .

maybe that would work with you?

6. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    Imagine the feeling when you step on the scales, see the numbers go down and then have your doctor/nurse praise you for it and tell you how well you're doing!

7. kerryathome

kerryathome Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.28%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    have you considered doing a recognised eating plan rather than healthy eating?

I'm doing slimming world and I notice from your list of what you eat in a day that if you'd only had either weetabix or sandwich rather than as well as it would be an extra easy day.

8. hunky dory

hunky dory New Member

hi i too am struggling to watch the weight move!! i have lost a stone just another stone to go and itwont budge!! i am following rosemary conley diet and exercise and have been at a standstill for weeks! any ideas?

9. marls

marls Member

well done!!!!;)

10. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Maybe cut the carbs from one meal? That worked for me before! Could be worth calorie counting for a couple of weeks just to check your intake isn't too high/low? Zig zagging your intake can sometimes stir your metabolism up I think? So you'd eat different amounts on different days but it can be random if you don't follow a plan? Someone posted about that on here somewhere an it was a really interesting idea?

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

11. tarotwoman

tarotwoman Loves life

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming magazine club. Out of date now but this diet worked for me in the past.
    I would say like 'kerryathome' that a recognised eating plan could work. I think I eat very healthily but when I don't write down on a diet sheet everything that goes in my mouth, I put weight on.

Even healthy food has calories.

Tracey

12. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    Have you logged your food on myfitnesspal? This is a really good tool and maybe you would realise how many cals carbs etc you are eating/ You can log exercise too.
    I would have a go at using that and see what it recommends and if your weight still isnt shifting i would go to the docs x

13. hunky dory

hunky dory New Member

hi i log what i eat and exercise on mynetdiary i have been checked out by drs all ok managed to loose 2 kg but its just so slow so i just keep plugging away hoping the weight will go !!!! who invented food!!! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.