Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

What else can i do??????

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by LisaLoveHandles, 6 May 2011 Social URL.

1. LisaLoveHandles

LisaLoveHandles Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(11.25%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating and exercise
    Hi there,

I am new to the forum..... apparently your all friendly so i am happy to be here!!

does anyone else struggle with weight loss? and im not talking, struggling with the diete aspect of it,

basically, i eat so well, i am the healthiest 'larger lady' i know!!
    i eeat 3 meals a day, good portion sizes not excessive, i eat wholemeal versions of everything, i eat weetabix at brekkie, sandwich and fruit at lunch, and dinner usually consists of chicken/fish/beef/pork ( yes i know beef and pork are fatty but i get lean versions and its not every day anyway) with new potatoes, sweet potatoes and veg. After dinner if i get hungry i snack on fruit or yogurt....

i thought that was good? i exercise 3 times a week at the gym and walk to and from work most days about half hour in total of walking.

i feel like i am at a brick wall cos i just lose weight sooooooooo slowly it gets disheartening, any tips to speed my metabolism maybe? could it even be that?
    i am healthy cos a recent blood test ruled out thyroid problems etc.

any ideas?

sorry for waffling.... (Mmmmmm waffles)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. The Moog

The Moog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(11.74%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and willpower
    I'm like you. My metabolism is sluggish (at best) and I had real difficulty in shifting any weight, despite having a constantly healthy diet.

I saw my GP in the end, who has been fab. Got appointments with nutritionist and physiotherapist (the latter for a health issue which meant no exercise) and they cobbled together a very low cal diet for me to follow alongside gentle exercise.

I've just started the exercise in the past week (it's taken a while to get me capable of it) but the diet adaptations have been life-changing, they really have. Is it worth having a chat to your GP to see if they can offer any suggestions?

4. LisaLoveHandles

LisaLoveHandles Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(11.25%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating and exercise
    Hi Moog.... thanx for your reply... maybe i should go GP's but to be honest, i know i just gotta keep at it and dont get too disheartened, i gotta remember the great feelin i get when i step on those scales and the weight goes down!

5. Noddynoobs

Noddynoobs Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(12.5%)
    hi lisa

recently i have been trying to avoid carbs with my evening meal, and it seems to be working for me! im not craving carbs as i have them with my 2 earlier meals. .

maybe that would work with you?

6. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    Imagine the feeling when you step on the scales, see the numbers go down and then have your doctor/nurse praise you for it and tell you how well you're doing!

7. kerryathome

kerryathome Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.28%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    have you considered doing a recognised eating plan rather than healthy eating?

I'm doing slimming world and I notice from your list of what you eat in a day that if you'd only had either weetabix or sandwich rather than as well as it would be an extra easy day.

8. hunky dory

hunky dory New Member

hi i too am struggling to watch the weight move!! i have lost a stone just another stone to go and itwont budge!! i am following rosemary conley diet and exercise and have been at a standstill for weeks! any ideas?

9. marls

marls Member

well done!!!!;)

10. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Maybe cut the carbs from one meal? That worked for me before! Could be worth calorie counting for a couple of weeks just to check your intake isn't too high/low? Zig zagging your intake can sometimes stir your metabolism up I think? So you'd eat different amounts on different days but it can be random if you don't follow a plan? Someone posted about that on here somewhere an it was a really interesting idea?

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

11. tarotwoman

tarotwoman Loves life

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming magazine club. Out of date now but this diet worked for me in the past.
    I would say like 'kerryathome' that a recognised eating plan could work. I think I eat very healthily but when I don't write down on a diet sheet everything that goes in my mouth, I put weight on.

Even healthy food has calories.

Tracey

12. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    Have you logged your food on myfitnesspal? This is a really good tool and maybe you would realise how many cals carbs etc you are eating/ You can log exercise too.
    I would have a go at using that and see what it recommends and if your weight still isnt shifting i would go to the docs x

13. hunky dory

hunky dory New Member

hi i log what i eat and exercise on mynetdiary i have been checked out by drs all ok managed to loose 2 kg but its just so slow so i just keep plugging away hoping the weight will go !!!! who invented food!!! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.