What else can i do??????

Hi there,

I am new to the forum..... apparently your all friendly so i am happy to be here!!

does anyone else struggle with weight loss? and im not talking, struggling with the diete aspect of it,

basically, i eat so well, i am the healthiest 'larger lady' i know!!
i eeat 3 meals a day, good portion sizes not excessive, i eat wholemeal versions of everything, i eat weetabix at brekkie, sandwich and fruit at lunch, and dinner usually consists of chicken/fish/beef/pork ( yes i know beef and pork are fatty but i get lean versions and its not every day anyway) with new potatoes, sweet potatoes and veg. After dinner if i get hungry i snack on fruit or yogurt....

i thought that was good? i exercise 3 times a week at the gym and walk to and from work most days about half hour in total of walking.

i feel like i am at a brick wall cos i just lose weight sooooooooo slowly it gets disheartening, any tips to speed my metabolism maybe? could it even be that?
i am healthy cos a recent blood test ruled out thyroid problems etc.

any ideas?

sorry for waffling.... (Mmmmmm waffles)

I'm like you. My metabolism is sluggish (at best) and I had real difficulty in shifting any weight, despite having a constantly healthy diet.

I saw my GP in the end, who has been fab. Got appointments with nutritionist and physiotherapist (the latter for a health issue which meant no exercise) and they cobbled together a very low cal diet for me to follow alongside gentle exercise.

I've just started the exercise in the past week (it's taken a while to get me capable of it) but the diet adaptations have been life-changing, they really have. Is it worth having a chat to your GP to see if they can offer any suggestions?

Hi Moog.... thanx for your reply... maybe i should go GP's but to be honest, i know i just gotta keep at it and dont get too disheartened, i gotta remember the great feelin i get when i step on those scales and the weight goes down!

hi lisa

recently i have been trying to avoid carbs with my evening meal, and it seems to be working for me! im not craving carbs as i have them with my 2 earlier meals. .

maybe that would work with you?

Imagine the feeling when you step on the scales, see the numbers go down and then have your doctor/nurse praise you for it and tell you how well you're doing!

have you considered doing a recognised eating plan rather than healthy eating?

I'm doing slimming world and I notice from your list of what you eat in a day that if you'd only had either weetabix or sandwich rather than as well as it would be an extra easy day.

hi i too am struggling to watch the weight move!! i have lost a stone just another stone to go and itwont budge!! i am following rosemary conley diet and exercise and have been at a standstill for weeks! any ideas?

have you considered doing a recognised eating plan rather than healthy eating?

I'm doing slimming world and I notice from your list of what you eat in a day that if you'd only had either weetabix or sandwich rather than as well as it would be an extra easy day.

well done!!!!;)

Maybe cut the carbs from one meal? That worked for me before! Could be worth calorie counting for a couple of weeks just to check your intake isn't too high/low? Zig zagging your intake can sometimes stir your metabolism up I think? So you'd eat different amounts on different days but it can be random if you don't follow a plan? Someone posted about that on here somewhere an it was a really interesting idea?

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have you logged your food on myfitnesspal? This is a really good tool and maybe you would realise how many cals carbs etc you are eating/ You can log exercise too.
I would have a go at using that and see what it recommends and if your weight still isnt shifting i would go to the docs x

hi i log what i eat and exercise on mynetdiary i have been checked out by drs all ok managed to loose 2 kg but its just so slow so i just keep plugging away hoping the weight will go !!!! who invented food!!! x

Back