What exercise do u find works best

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Racheldublin, 18 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Racheldublin

Racheldublin Full Member

Hi all,

Looking for some tips on where u find the best results from doing which exercise in your weigh ins?

Xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. joannelut

joannelut Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Hi, I do 2 sessions of body pump, 1 session of body attack and I am on week 5 of c25k, my weight comes off really slowly whether I exercise or not but I now it makes me feel a lot better.

4. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There probably isn't any one exercise which is best because I understand that it is better to do a variety.

According to a book I have been reading the best cardiac fat burning exercise is one which leaves you slightly breathless but still able to hold a conversation. Anything more than that and you enter the realms of anaerobic exercise which is not an efficient fat burner, so don't think you have to completely exhaust yourself to get results.

It is also good to do strength building exercises to build muscle which in turn will mean your body will naturally need to burn more calories.

Apart from walking I exercise at home using EA Sports and EA Sports More Workouts, The Biggest Loser and I just got Zumba (all on the Wii). I have also been enjoying some Leslie Sansone Walk From Home dvds which I got off QVC and I also have a pilates machine which I use a couple of times a week. All these combine cardiac and strength training.

5. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    variation is the best because it wakes up your metabolism rather than doing the same old thing every day - your body gets used to the same 30minutes on a treadmill.

I do interval training with my p.trainer, he has me doing so many different things. For example: cardio. To start - keep a steady speed for 3 minutes, then as fast as possible (eg 120rpm on a bike, or 10kmph on crosstrainer) then down again and back up. Gets the heart racing then settles then racing again - which is the BEST method for cardiovascular fitness & weightloss. I do a lot of weight training, suspension training (TRX) and kettlebell training :)

Other than that just don't overwork, keep doing things that interest you, try new things as much as you can, and overall ENJOY it. :) x

6. largelesley

largelesley Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.18%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I love the zumba and theres no shortage of classes in my area
    I go 2-3 times a wk and if im really sticking to plan i really notice a difference
    But i guess doing anything helps x

7. Racheldublin

Racheldublin Full Member

Whats zumba?

8. sigourney

sigourney Gold Member

Just a good mixture of toning, cardio, and weights x

9. Racheldublin

Racheldublin Full Member

Oo sounds good,

I actually seen a zumba game in hmv today... Must look up classes

:)

10. largelesley

largelesley Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.18%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Its great i love it the only exercise ive ever stuck
    I can only liken my class to a hen nite with no alcohol lol
    We laugh but boy do we sweat

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.