What exercise do u find works best

Hi, I do 2 sessions of body pump, 1 session of body attack and I am on week 5 of c25k, my weight comes off really slowly whether I exercise or not but I now it makes me feel a lot better.

There probably isn't any one exercise which is best because I understand that it is better to do a variety.

According to a book I have been reading the best cardiac fat burning exercise is one which leaves you slightly breathless but still able to hold a conversation. Anything more than that and you enter the realms of anaerobic exercise which is not an efficient fat burner, so don't think you have to completely exhaust yourself to get results.

It is also good to do strength building exercises to build muscle which in turn will mean your body will naturally need to burn more calories.

Apart from walking I exercise at home using EA Sports and EA Sports More Workouts, The Biggest Loser and I just got Zumba (all on the Wii). I have also been enjoying some Leslie Sansone Walk From Home dvds which I got off QVC and I also have a pilates machine which I use a couple of times a week. All these combine cardiac and strength training.

variation is the best because it wakes up your metabolism rather than doing the same old thing every day - your body gets used to the same 30minutes on a treadmill.

I do interval training with my p.trainer, he has me doing so many different things. For example: cardio. To start - keep a steady speed for 3 minutes, then as fast as possible (eg 120rpm on a bike, or 10kmph on crosstrainer) then down again and back up. Gets the heart racing then settles then racing again - which is the BEST method for cardiovascular fitness & weightloss. I do a lot of weight training, suspension training (TRX) and kettlebell training :)

Other than that just don't overwork, keep doing things that interest you, try new things as much as you can, and overall ENJOY it. :) x

Back