What exercise does everyone do?

Nessa29

Gold Member
Im just wondering what exercise everyone is doing? The thought of exercising scares me lol I can't find anything I enjoy or can find the time to do. Does anyone have any fun ideas? Exercise is not enjoyable when you are very over weight!

Pretty much nothing if I'm honest. I do things that cause a lot of calorie losses (deep cleaning for several hours or doing the garden (with shifting paving stones around etc). I do walk everywhere as much as I can too. Not a summer person though so may end up getting very grumpy when the sun properly comes out and not go out if I can avoid it.

I would like to join a gym eventually, however I feel to self concious right now (stupid isn't it - that's exactly what the gym is for!) I have the barbara windsor work out dvd too. I bought it for the very purpose that she was 66 when she filmed it. It's not one of those that go OTT and leave you curled in the foetal position sobbing - it's gentle whilst still doing the job it needs to and - whilst you're as overweight and usually out of condition as most of us - it's a nice easy way of getting back into it. - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barbara-Windsor-The-Workout-DVD/dp/B0002W119K

Do you have a games machine too? I sold my kinect so I can't use my xbox for it - but if you have one there are workout games that track you via the kinect. The wii has wiifit and just dance etc (as do others) that don't feel like weight loss and without anyone around and the curtains shut you're safe from people seeing :D :p

Pretty much nothing if I'm honest. I do things that cause a lot of calorie losses (deep cleaning for several hours or doing the garden (with shifting paving stones around etc). I do walk everywhere as much as I can too. Not a summer person though so may end up getting very grumpy when the sun properly comes out and not go out if I can avoid it. I would like to join a gym eventually, however I feel to self concious right now (stupid isn't it - that's exactly what the gym is for!) I have the barbara windsor work out dvd too. I bought it for the very purpose that she was 66 when she filmed it. It's not one of those that go OTT and leave you curled in the foetal position sobbing - it's gentle whilst still doing the job it needs to and - whilst you're as overweight and usually out of condition as most of us - it's a nice easy way of getting back into it. - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barbara-Windsor-The-Workout-DVD/dp/B0002W119K Do you have a games machine too? I sold my kinect so I can't use my xbox for it - but if you have one there are workout games that track you via the kinect. The wii has wiifit and just dance etc (as do others) that don't feel like weight loss and without anyone around and the curtains shut you're safe from people seeing :D :p

I know what u mean about the sun I hate it!! I lost 3 and a half stone before with very little exercise so I know I don't really need to worry yet but every little helps.
I'm the same would love to join a gym but would never face going the weight I am now.
I do have the wii and wii fit so I might take your advice and dig that out. Hubby even got me the biggest loser game (I love the show so inspirational) even just half an hour an evening is better than nothing xx

I haven't seen the english one, I did watch a series of the american one though (love Bob! :D)

There are some others that promote moving and exercise if you'd find it helpful? :) (have a deep search as it's mixed in with games like fifa and golf etc )

ETA: the search links aren't working. Click here - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Wi...ories/b/ref=sv_vg_h__5?ie=UTF8&node=676396011

and chose the 'sports' and also the 'music and dancing' categories from the left hand side where the 'wii games by genre' list is as it won't let me give you a direct link.

There's lots of zumba, just dance, wii fit, wii fit plus, active and trainer games - you just have to go through the list and ignore the actual gamegames (like fifa et al as above)

There are some DVD's and cookbooks etc for The Biggest Loser if you're interested and think they might help - a quick search on amazon brings up hundreds!

Last edited:
I love zumba, whether its a local class or on Wii Fit. I've tried 30 day shred too, but 6 months later I still haven't done 30 days in a row, lol. Im much better going to a class as I get too distracted at home. I tried running once, I decided this should be restricted to if I was being chased or mugged! Lol. Doing exercise has definitely helped my weight loss, the key is finding something you enjoy :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

hi
nessa i love love leslie sansone walking dvd 2 mile walk and thats it for the 30 mins i feel great after i have done and to start off with there is a one called gentle walk because i came off and went wild put loads back on i starting with that one then walking hopefully back up to the 2 mile walk i know now i have to do it to keep losing and watching what goes in the mouth :D put it in you tube it will come up x x x x

I bought a Cross Trainer for £100.
It's in the spare room in front of the tv.....
I do 5k on it every night Monday to Friday when I get home from work. Weekends off :)

you go girl exercise and watching telly you cannot beat it x x x

Back