What fish would you reccomend to a fish newbie?

You should definatly try Aldi for their frozen fish, they do bags of tuna steaks, salmon , cod, haddok and the bassa from their is so good, it was £1.99 a bag last time I brought it and you get about 5 pieces in there.

thanks for the advice hun :) i might go and get some cod to try. i hate the smell of fish tho it stinks the house out, do u fish lovers like the smell? xxxx

Best way to rid of smell from any fish
A) soak in water with freshly squeezed lemon, soak in the morning, rinse then cook. This method is best if pan frying in fry light or oven baking.

B) season with black pepper and salt leave aside for half an hour, then grill for a couple of mins. This method is best if cooking in as a curry.

Hope this helps

Xxx

So I was all brave and went to the Fishmonger section, and because I didn't want to scare myself too much I went with the slightly more expensive; but skinless and boneless fillet of cod. Small piece but only cost £1.35 :D

I cooked it in foil with chilli flakes and a splash of vinegar, and had it with roast cherry tomato's and green beans. and..... I thought it was lovely. Not very strong tasting, but had a nice kick. I disliked the green beans though. but overall YEY!

What do people normally have with just a plain fish fillet?

Back