What flavours do you prefer?

katiebaby

Gold Member
Hi i have my first appointment with my CDC on thursday.

What are your favourite flavours?

Kate

Can u make hot chocolate milkshakes?

I'm new to it from today but it says done shake u can enjoy warn (hot) do I can't see why not! I've been advised to also cut about 5/6 cubes if ice and blend!

Oh that sounds good Rebecca :) I will have to fill the ice cube trays. Iced cappuccino shake anyone mmmm

How did you find your first day rebecca?

My 1st day was really hard and so was my 2nd but now im on my 4th days today I feel really good!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Is it a good idea to buy a hand blender then?

How are u getting on? Is today your 1st day x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes Rebecca its my first day today... had Maple and Pecan porridge for breakfast... boy did that take some doing it was a bit lump not sure it that is my fault or the way its meant to be but had a cup of coffee handy to wash it down.

I am just having my strawberry shake... and it is lovely. Tastes like Strawberry cheesecake :) was expecting something similar to Slimfast which i hate! but its nice.

I am not finding it too bad to be honest, maybe tomorrow will be worse. I am muslim and we fast for 30 days each year so i am kind of used to the lack of food in a day time.. i am reserving judgement for this evening.

Is it a good idea to buy a hand blender then?

I bought a CD hand blender as i need something to do my shakes at work. I tried it today with my strawberry shake and it works really well. Im impressed.

I will try laters with a hand blender see how different it turns out... x

oooh yes do let me know I am not sure whether to buy a CD blender (how much was it) or a mini electric one? I have a hand mixer but I dont think it crushes ice

oooh yes do let me know I am not sure whether to buy a CD blender (how much was it) or a mini electric one? I have a hand mixer but I dont think it crushes ice

It cost £5.. has a little whisker ball in it

xxrebeccaxx said:
I'm new to it from today but it says done shake u can enjoy warn (hot) do I can't see why not! I've been advised to also cut about 5/6 cubes if ice and blend!

Yep I do this and put a tiny bit of water and eat it from a bowl with a spoon as its like ice cream. Took a bit of trial and error to get the consistency right ad blend for right amount of time but is only way I can have the shakes now!x

katiebaby said:
Yes Rebecca its my first day today... had Maple and Pecan porridge for breakfast... boy did that take some doing it was a bit lump not sure it that is my fault or the way its meant to be but had a cup of coffee handy to wash it down.

I am just having my strawberry shake... and it is lovely. Tastes like Strawberry cheesecake :) was expecting something similar to Slimfast which i hate! but its nice.

I am not finding it too bad to be honest, maybe tomorrow will be worse. I am muslim and we fast for 30 days each year so i am kind of used to the lack of food in a day time.. i am reserving judgement for this evening.

I'm Muslim too and did think about how this compares to fasting. But as its for such different reasons I found I had to use a whole different kind of strength if that makes sense! All the best x

I'm Muslim too and did think about how this compares to fasting. But as its for such different reasons I found I had to use a whole different kind of strength if that makes sense! All the best x

Yes I agree with you to be honest as i am almost through with my first day I am finding i am using different strength... but I am relying on God to help me through this InshaAllah. I know this is different for everyone but I find fasting easier than this... maybe its because they are for different reasons or the fact not eating at all is alot easier than not eating alot.. as you know at the end of the fasting you can eat as you wish... have you done CD whilst fasting? It was something i was thinking about as i have quite a number of days to make up x

Hehe you just reminded me of my 5 to make up! I've never done CD while fasting no. I totally agree that it's easier fasting. It's the hardest thing to describe as my brain just accepts it totally that I will not eat or drink and I think it's also because if we have done it from a young we are used to that month. And its quite rewarding and cleansing. I must admit I have binged before during Ramadan but mostly I've always found it mind over matter. It shows we have the willpower to do this though. in ramadan you don't have the benefit of ketosis also which makes the appetite disappear almost! X

I am just having my third pack (im on 4 per day) I am having the Oriental Chilli soup.... Its delicious!!

Im on day 2, and finding it better than I thought i would. My favorite so far is the chilli soup - its really lovely totally does not taste like diet food. I can not plate the porridge so am moving to shakes and soups. I get the pre-mixed shakes so that if I am out and about I have no excuse to cheat - had chocolate and strawberry so far - they were nice.

Good luck. Hope we all do well.

Im on day 2 as well... Tried the cappucino and the choc orange in terms of shakes today and my thoughts are MEH!! neither good nor bad! Choc mint and Strawberry are lush!

Had the chilli and Leek and potato soups and they are amazing... really kick my savoury loving taste buds.

I have 14 sachets of porridge left! and my CDC is too far away just to go and swap... so I will have to put up with them and shut up. Will not be having them EVER again!

Back