What food do you miss?

SkinnyMoo

What "proper" food do you miss? Have you found a SW alternative?

I miss pizza, normally substitute it for a tortilla wrap one but it's just not the same! It doesn't hold the weight of much!

The calendar had a recipe for one with a proper base so might give that a shot!

I miss square sausage, my butcher does lovely steak sliced sausage and i love it. I use morrisons links as an alternative to my butchers steak links and they are great. I just miss a square sausage x

Mine has to be full fat crisps! I love them and could eat 10 bags a day... but now crisps are seen as a treat, they are the healthy crisps too :cry:

skinnymoo i love pizza too try making your own with smash rolled really thin as the base fry light the tray first though it's not exactly the same but it's a nice \lternative XXX i don't miss anything cause i make sure i have a treat once a week and whatever i have been fncying becomes it although i do miss a bag of crisps as a snack but quavers aint so bad.

Chinese, chinese, chinese!! Oh and donner meat and chips, crisps, chocolate, haribo, supposed to be on a sugar free diet anyway so it makes it easier to avoid these anyway cos if I have them I'm ill...

Can't say I really miss anything as there are always alternatives, but here are a few I have thought about (briefly!) whilst on SW.....

Big pizzas from the Asda pizza counter - the Smash pizza satisfies that craving though.
Cheese - not craving it cos have Laughing Cow triangles, but I used to have cheese quite often so do miss it a bit. I know I can have some as HEXA/syns, but once I start I'll probably not stop!
Stodgy bread - garlic bread, baguettes, paninis, naan bread & Subway (footlongs!)
Takeaways - Chinese and Indian mostly - nowadays I don't just order whatever, I choose from the menu by what has the lowest syns.

But I just keep reminding myself that nothing tastes as good as being slim feels! :cool:

Last edited:
Hmm, this is a tricky one - I don't really deny myself anything and didn't whilst I was losing weight but I have the "naughty" things fewer and further between than I used to.

For me, it's crisps and dips, cheese and crackers, an indian with ALL the trimmings (naan bread, bhajis, etc) big cheese sandwiches.

I just find other things now or don't have as much - i'll have 3 crackers and a bit of cheese or make my own dips etc.

The great things with SW is you can have most things, find alternatives or just have a flexi syn day!!!

White bread - I don't have any bread anymore because I a, a bread addict but I miss white bread toasted spread with anchor butter & marmite:(

can't beat uncut white stodgy bread with loads of butter just topped with jam or spread or anything runnier than bread lol all this talking bout naughty food is making me really hungry shame on you ladies

The one thing I really miss, that there is just no alternative for is steamed steak and kidney pudding!
Just the thought of it makes my mouth water!

can't beat uncut white stodgy bread with loads of butter just topped with jam or spread or anything runnier than bread lol all this talking bout naughty food is making me really hungry shame on you ladies

I had some on Christmas day as my present to myself - OMG it was sooo nice, I am going on holiday at the end of May & might treat myself again then!

The one thing I really miss, that there is just no alternative for is steamed steak and kidney pudding!
Just the thought of it makes my mouth water!
A woman after my own heart, i love steak pudding, wish someone would come up with a SW alternate. xxx

def white stodgy bread and sssssssoooooooooo much butter, oh oh oh and crumpets ooozzzzing with butter. and helping yourself to chunks of cheese in the fridge!!!!!!!!!

Oooh crumpets, I haven't had them in years!!!!!!

Not sure this is such a good thread girls..... may lead to temptation, i'd forgotten about such foods as crumpets!!!

Back