What happens if you don't have enough syns?

SaraC

Pesky pescetarian from Australia!
Hiya,

I have been doing really well on SW (Day 7 today and WI tomorrow!) but yesterday I only had 3 syns as I thought that the Quorn Bacon Style Pieces I put in the SW quiche last night were going to be syns but they were free.

Could I top it up today and have 12 so I don't fall under 5 a day? (I could easily use my syns today as there is vodka in the fridge calling my name for tonight!)

Thanks

I've wondered this, sometimes I have NO syns at all! Am keen to see other people reply to this thread.

our cons says you can save your syns, although she does recommend not doing this as it does lead to the binge mentality!

I always save up my syns for the weekend, even tho my consulant as said not too but I have always lost weight doing this, so cant see it doing any harm

I have about 12 syns per day - but over the week flex these!
So i have 20 one day, 3 another - 10 another etc!
I think do what works for you, everyone is different!

X

I find if I don't have any syns the weight come off a lot quicker but I run the risk of getting too hungry and going off the rails. I find I get fed up with too much fruit in a day, so this is when I use my syns.

I used to be a great believer in not using my syns if I didnt need them (had at the most 5 and most days 0). However, having increased my syns, hasnt changed my losses, but I do use them every day rather than save them for a binge, as I would just find it too difficult to get back on plan..not that strong!! Lol

I used to be a great believer in not using my syns if I didnt need them (had at the most 5 and most days 0). However, having increased my syns, hasnt changed my losses, but I do use them every day rather than save them for a binge, as I would just find it too difficult to get back on plan..not that strong!! Lol

Well said MrsV - good post, thank you. X

I find if I don't have any syns the weight come off a lot quicker .

This probably will happen as you are potentially reducing your intake by 300 cals a day. However, and this is the main thing.... when you start to struggle and reach a plateau, you have nothing to cut down on as you can't reduce your HEX's and shouldn't reduce free foods.
Just be a bit careful, they are there to be enjoyed, don't just cut them out cos you will lose quicker.

I save my syns up, some days I have none, some days I'll have lots.
I wouldn't use lots the day before WI though.

I have been having 15 a day over the week - but usually have between 5-8 a day and then 'save' the rest for the weekend. I know some dont like that but I find it means that at the weekend I can have my treats and enjoy myself while staying in control of what I am eating/drinking. For example last weekend I was good all week and used my saved syns to have some Green & Blacks chocolate on Friday night and then a chicken chow mein and bacardi & diet cokes on Saturday. This is the way I have always done it and the weight has always come off so long as I dont go over my total for the week.

Hope that helps - and hope you can enjoy your chilled vodka with a clear conscience!!

I always have wine at the weekend (usually a bottle of dry white at 25ish syns) as well as using about ten syns a day. I find my losses the same, and sometimes better, than at the beginning, when I tried to do it without syns or the beloved wine!

For me, this is my life now, I will always food optimise. I can have wine, crisps etc as long as I limit them to healthy amounts. I find this stops me from seeing it as temporary, a diet to follow until I reach target and it will hopefully continue to work for me long term.

I have about 10 a day mainly on extra milk for teas and coffees. anymore than this i put on weight. My con said it was becasue i haven't got a great deal left to lose x

Thank you to everyone for your replies :)

I tend to not use a lot of syns in my food, just because I don't need to, but I will be partaking in a few double vodka's & diet coke this weekend though as hubby has a gig tomorrow night and I am going to watch him on my first night out for the past 5 weeks!!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend, I'm going to make a Sweet Potato & Bramley Apple soup tomorrow and a Quorn Roast on Sunday which I am looking forward to!

Back