what happens when you get to target?

Rissole76

Quick one really, not that Im even close, but what happens when you get to target? ie how do you change your eating plan to maintain?
thanks guys and gals :confused:

Im not 100% but I think you add an extra hex! Not sure though as Im also a long way enough, hope one of the target members can help xx

When I was at target (before getting up the duff 2nd time) I found it hard to maintain every week.... Some weeks I'd go up a pound do the next week I'd be extra good to try and lose it again.
I didn't have any extra hex or syns as by the time I got to target it was so hard to lose any weight.
When you get to target you can try adding and extra hex or having 5 extra syns a day and see how you go - everyones different, it's trial and error really!

Thanks for posting this as I've been wondering the same thing . I asked a few target members at my group and they said it was trial and error . one added extra syns and the other added and extra healthy extra each day .

I'm only a few weeks at target so hard to say. The official line is that you increase your Healthy Extras one at a time until you hit a level that works. The reality I guess is that you just mess around until it levels off. You are allowed +/- 3lbs around your declared target before you have to start paying (and you have a weeks grace if you go outside the zone to get back in it)

To be honest, I havent really changed much at all, I'm still following pretty much all the principles, still sticking to 5-15 syns a day, but having occasional days when I go over syns (pub, meals out, takeaways etc) - but then I always did.

So far since hitting target, my weigh-ins have been:

1st week: +3lbs (was at Centre Parcs and ate loads of puddings!)
2nd week: missed week (dont have to go every week when now I'm at target and had to be somewhere on my regular SW night)
3rd week: -4lbs (lost all that center parcs weight, so 1lb under target which is within the allowed zone)
4th week: STS (so 1lb under target again)

I really dont think that I have changed my approach very much at all so far, I guess I'm just slightly more relaxed about treats, going over syns allowance, or eating a bit more bread and cheese.

Back