What has been your biggest shock? (syns of food you ate pre-SW)

Mayonnaise...I used to smother EVERYTHING in tomato sauce and mayo. The fact that a level spoon of extra light mayo is 1/2 syn and a level spoon of ketchup is 1 syn is ridiculous. I literally would've had maybe 10 massive spoons of each if I was having burger/chips/whatever.

Definitely! Used to smother EVERYTHING in mayonnaise. My mum has just started sw and this is the biggest revelation for her.

Hello. My first post on Minimins. :) I love a good stir fry and use spray oil of course. Also used to use Tesco stir fry sachets. Ridiculous little sachet is over 20 syns. :eek:

It sucks when you think you are being healthy and you find out it wasn't! Welcome to the forums :) x

I could only find greggs breakfast sausage roll on the app so assumed that was the one - but i'll be happy if they are 12! There's a late night greggs in my town centre and they're waaaaay too tempting at the end of a night out! :rolleyes:

I used to have a scone and a coffee every morning for breakfast. I'd probably need to buy one to show you a pic but they were raspberry & white choc scones, huge, like the full size of a hand, then I'd put a little pat of butter on each side. I think my consultant said it would be 40+ syns. Every day. So stupid - I felt virtuous saying "well I only had a scone for breakfast..." :)

I had a shock this week- a large bottle of volvic peach and orange flavoured water is 15 syns for the whole bottle! I couldn't believe it! I used to drink a bottle a day before I started SW!

Yeah our consultant mentioned them last week! Do you get macbee's water where you are? That's lovely and I believe that's one of the waters she said was free

oooo i haven't ever heard of them. I just look for the no added sugar flavoured water - I know asda do them and morrisons. Or i just put some no added sugar cordial in my water :)

I remember finding out an apple mullerice was about 11 syns for a pot.....and defending it saying it was 'low fat'!

OMG

If the product says it is low in something, it is often high in something else! For instance, low-fat yogurt may not be low in sugar, unless it says so. Then there are things which are advertised as being low in something when they always were - like "low-fat jelly" for heaven's sake!

I always check the small print - which I have noticed is getting smaller and smaller. Or maybe I'm just getting older. Anyway, I do now have a small magnifying glass in my purse, and I am old enough not to care if I look daft squinting through it in the supermarket!!

Back