What has made you sit up and count your blessings today ?

fillymum

synful soul
What made me count my blessings today, really count my blessing , was returning home from doing some supermarket shopping with Paul and moaning about how broke we are and how expensive things are. I have managed this week on 30€. During the journey home we saw a young man, clean, tidy, with his well groomed dog on a lead, absolutely doubled over from the weight of carrying his life on his back. He had two old rucksacks one on top of the other on his back and was also carrying a 5 ltr container of water. He was obviously homeless. I felt so sad for him, I wanted to bring him home to have a shower, sleep in a bed and give him and his dog a good meal. Paul said "NO" that I would be leaving us open for all sorts of problems if I did that.

It put so much in perspective for me. That my washing machine has died and there is no money for a new one at present became a petty issue. At least I can wash by hand . It made the dreadful mess this country is in and it is going to affect all of us here, feel insignificant.

Thank you powers that be that I have my husband, a roof over my head, food on the table , my health and my lovely family animal and human.

That poor boy.....................

fillymum said:
What made me count my blessings today, really count my blessing , was returning home from doing some supermarket shopping with Paul and moaning about how broke we are and how expensive things are. I have managed this week on 30EUR. During the journey home we saw a young man, clean, tidy, with his well groomed dog on a lead, absolutely doubled over from the weight of carrying his life on his back. He had two old rucksacks one on top of the other on his back and was also carrying a 5 ltr container of water. He was obviously homeless. I felt so sad for him, I wanted to bring him home to have a shower, sleep in a bed and give him and his dog a good meal. Paul said "NO" that I would be leaving us open for all sorts of problems if I did that.

It put so much in perspective for me. That my washing machine has died and there is no money for a new one at present became a petty issue. At least I can wash by hand . It made the dreadful mess this country is in and it is going to affect all of us here, feel insignificant.

Thank you powers that be that I have my husband, a roof over my head, food on the table , my health and my lovely family animal and human.

That poor boy.....................

Well funnily enough it's the post about single children! It's made me so grateful for my brothers!
One sent me a drawing in draw something that made me laugh, and he makes me laugh every day! The other brother came round the other day and ripped up the trees in my front garden to build me a drive!!! He's also been drawing up plans for my new kitchen which he will fit!!! How fab is that?
One also popped round one day for advice on something they felt they couldn't share with anyone else, how blessed am I to be trusted like that?
My husband is a darling and my Dort is settled with a boy who is so like him!
My son is doing well in school and has a nice gf though he's only 15 I'm not buying a hat!!!!
The kitchen is down to my best mate insisting on lending me the money on a long loan!
I am a very blessed girl, and now I think I need to PIF!

Today I heard sad news about a little girl who had been battling a brain tumour since Jan 2011 whose family and friends had been trying to raise money needed for a trip to the US for antineoplaston treatment. They have lost their race against time. So sad for this (and other families) who've lost loved ones. I know I need to be more thankful every day for the friends and family who I have around me. 'Life' just has a way of taking over and distracting us / me from the most important things doesn't it.

Supatra's Fairy Fund: Home

Back