What has worked for you?

LegoLass

My 30th birthday is coming up in june and I knew last year that I didn't want to be fat for thirty. It was time to start living. I've been fat all of my adult life, failed diets and had unhealthy relationships with food. On August 8th 2012, enough was enough.. and I made that step.

Today, I hit my 4 stone loss, it felt amazing!

The time I was last happy, was when I met my DH and was 13 stone. I know that's fat, but right now, it's the best feeling I can remember regarding body image.

Quick calculations show that 2lb a week will give me 3 stone by my birthday - but i'd love to hit 4 stone for that 13 stone weight!

So, long winded ramble.. What has worked for you? Do you have a form of exercise that has boosted your weight loss no end? Is there a food or method that gives you excellent results?

I'm not here for a quick fix, i'm here to work hard. I'm giving this my all. I just wondered if anyone had any little tips that could help me achieve my dream for my birthday!

Thank you :)

Hiya,

do you do any body magic at all at the minute? I started running last year, never thought I could and love it, haven't done it for a couple of months because of one thing or another but it certainly help shift the last bit to my target.

Or how about nordic walking, my sister does that and the weight has been falling off her doing that and slimming world

Otherwise just stick to plan, tighten up your healthy extras and you'll get there

Good luck xx

Nordic walking sounds really good. I heard about a local group some time ago but never actually went along. Thanks for reminding me!

Running seems terrifying to me but so many people are doing it.

I would say to the op, try to focus on your 1/3 superfree food as it really helps to bulk up meals, keep you full and keep you on track (it has done this for me.) Also what the above poster says about tightening up on things, is very good advice.

You could try making sure you have a set number of ss fruit a day to help speed things up....ie grapefruit, pineapple, melon, raspberries, blackberries

walking...they say walking is one of the best exercises you can do, make sure we walk at least one day of the weekend and it is always a good 5 miles plus which works out at roughly 1hr 40mins (steady pace) (20min mile) it doesn't have to but up hill. I find if I do a long walk on a Saturday it gives me a great boost to the start of the week (wi on sats) we also try and do short walks if we have time in the week, so 20/30 somewhere or just to sainsburys and back.

If you watch your hex's and your syns as that is so easy to go over and make sure your eating enough as I know if I don't eat enough I don't lose as much.

enjoy it as its a new life style not a diet :) x

I can't really help as I slipped back into old habits and put my weight back on. So I'm back as you know.

I wanted to say though M - amazing loss, well done sweetheart. I'm really proud of you.

One thing I do find is always having soup made with superfree veg so I can have some whenever I am hungry. I make a big batch and freeze some of it. Usually tomato, spicy butternut squash and curried cauliflower and broccoli soups.

Keep going you are doing so well :D

Back