What have we eaten today

I would say that 1700 is a good point to start at, I think they say you should gradually lower it as the weight comes off too. I use an online calorie tracker, mainly to add up the numbers for me! and as I'm losing the weight it is slowly reducing my Daily Calorie allowance. I found it useful to write everything down and seeing that I was wasting up to 60% of my calories a day on "treat food" - chocolate and crisps and stuff... Really puts things into perspective and soon gets you looking for swaps - Curly wurly in the fridge, is 120 calories and takes WAY longer to eat than a 325 cal snickers... I worship curly wurlys...

As you say in your profile, its healthy eating to aim for, and although portion control seems like the devil to start with, give it two weeks and I am CERTAIN you won't be able to eat as big a portion as before anyway!! Its defo worth working through that 10-14 days of thinking "is that ALL??" Bulk it up with salad and veg if it looks too little on the plate, thats what got me through.

Gosh, I ranted.......! Sorry!!!

Brunch today! Carrot & coriander soup
Wholemeal bread 369

Going to have a bowl of fruit around 2pm

Chicken & home made chips 700
alpen bar 125

1494 cals today

Did 45 mins on treadmill this morning
Aerobics tonight.:character00115:

omg, seriously since about 4 pm ive have had the most excrutiating stomach ache. i feel sick, and proper pain. when i laugh it hurts more. now ive put pjs on its gone a little better but i feel awful!!!

havent even eaten anything weird today. so since lunch, at work i ate an ice cream coz i thought f**k it, if ive got a stomach ache anyway and im not having dinner ill have an icre cream. et voila, thats all ive eaten all day...and picked at about 4 chips!! so....id say MAX 1100 cals today!!!

i do feel like **** so its not rly any consolation

today
Vitality yog drink
cereal bar
apple
small tin spaghetti, 2 wholemeal toast
bowl beef stew, 1 piece wholemeal bread
Skinny cow hot choc
weight watchers choc roll

i am meant to be having 1700 really but my daughter is not well so havent really had time to each much this evening

omg, seriously since about 4 pm ive have had the most excrutiating stomach ache. i feel sick, and proper pain. when i laugh it hurts more. now ive put pjs on its gone a little better but i feel awful!!!

havent even eaten anything weird today. so since lunch, at work i ate an ice cream coz i thought f**k it, if ive got a stomach ache anyway and im not having dinner ill have an icre cream. et voila, thats all ive eaten all day...and picked at about 4 chips!! so....id say MAX 1100 cals today!!!

i do feel like **** so its not rly any consolation

Hey Costa,
I had something similar yesterday afternoon, had the most excrusciating pain in the upper part of my stomach which radiated into my chest went on for about 5 mins was scary.

but seriously it wa for like 5 hrs...iv woken this morning just slightly bloated.....scared to eat!!!

had a toasted tea cake also last night!

Oh dear! Hope you feel better soon costa...

although portion control seems like the devil to start with, give it two weeks and I am CERTAIN you won't be able to eat as big a portion as before anyway!! Its defo worth working through that 10-14 days of thinking "is that ALL??" Bulk it up with salad and veg if it looks too little on the plate, thats what got me through.

This is really great advice! I was almost crying last week when I saw how measly an amount, say, 50g of mince or 100g of chicken was! These are the amounts in the recipes I'm given by my online diet service and, being used to Atkins portions, I was thinking "no way is this enough food!". I've learned to bulk it out with veg, and also another tip is if you don't feel full after a meal, drink a glass of water in one go and wait 10 minutes. You will probably find that you ARE satisfied, or at least no longer hungry.

I'm slowly learning not to panic if I don't feel full or stuffed after a meal, and that I can have a snack later if I get peckish and I'm not necessarily going to be miserable, snappy or go on a binge.

So far today 1 bacon sandwich (340), and lunch will be a low fat cheese & tomato ciabatta with salad leaves, yoghurt & apple (415).

Gosh Costa, hope you're feeling better today :)

Today has been cereal for breakfast. I'm breaking a habit here, I was having a lo cal breakfast sandwich at home [low cal bacon, nimble bread - 165 calories] then having cereal at work [another 150 plus the milk...].. THIS WEEK I AM STOPPING AND JUST HAVING ONE BREAKFAST!!!! Wish me luck!
So today...
Cereal for breakfast - 220
Lunch was a chicken sandwich - 242 and WW chicken soup - 98
I've had a WW yogurt - 52 plus a packet of baked walkers crisps - 99
And just having an Options, cos I had a flu jab and I feel a bit wobbly... so thats 40
Total - 751 so far. 749 remaining...
Not another morsel will pass my lips til Teatime.
Which is a challenge because I am bored, fed up and feel like poo :(

Well stuck to plan yeesterday although did cave in to a couple of chocolate fingers before bed.

Today, not much change from yesterday because i'm using up some leftovers

Breakfast: Granary toast and egg, 1 apple 260 kcal
Lunch: Homemade vegetable soup with dollop of creme fraiche 200kcal, Nescafe skinny cappucino 60 kcal
Drinks: 1/2 pt skimmed milk to tea/coffee 100kcal
Snacks: 1 Banana, 1 Alpen Light bar, small bowl porridge, Handful of Smarties 360
Dinner: Spicy pork curry with rice and an apple 510 kcal

Total 1490 kcal :)

Last edited:
Just had a luvverly bit of cod baked with herbs and cherry tomatoes, with generous amounts of broccoli, cabbage and a smallish baked potato. Very filling! About 400, so 1155 today.

I went a bit snack-happy last night, probably due to not eating enough during the day. So will try to reign that in tonight.

Hellooo all, welcome new people too :) Assj, I think 1700 would be good, I started off at around the same weight as you, I am on 1500, but my online counter gives me the option of going up to about 1800, so 1700 is probably fine!

B: banana and a yogurt 137
L: WW chicken tikka masala 363
D: Chicken Balmoral, minted potatoes, carrots and asparagus. It was SO yummy! 494

994 calories so far today :eek: had a bit of a late dinner as I was busy earliers.

Hi Everyone,

B. Alpen Bar 125

L. Muller light 100
Fruit 100
alpen bar 125

D. Chicken tikka me think 1000!! ( i hope)

hi everyone, hope everyone is okay? i have had a rough couple of days, my daughter has swine flu so i was up all night with her last night and i have been sooo tired, all i have felt like doing is eating junk, but i havent, what i have had is

vitality yog drink
poridge
orange
plum
2 chicken thighs (skin taken off), salad
skinny cow hot choc
homemade fish and chips (was craving junk so was a good low cal alternative)
low cal squash

total: 1570

hmmmmmmm had a weird day.
tuna bake 300 cal, fish fingers n chips with ketchup 600 cal, slush 140, sea bass, grilled , no oil and a salad with dressing.... 350!?!? dont rly no.... so id say today 1400ish!

Brek this morning was scrambled egg on toast
2 wholemeal - 120
1 whole egg - 75
1 egg white - 10
spash of milk - 10??
fresh chives - ???

about 215

Lunch will be same as yesterday, low fat cheese & tomato on (now slightly stale) ciabatta with yoghurt & apple - 415

D = quorn burger in sesame seed bun with salad & baked potato, about 400

EDIT - oops, dunno how i managed to post before I'd finished!

Last edited:
Today has been
My low cal bacon sandwich... Doesnt quite count when you have two... haha. But still only 330
Then a bowl of honey cheerios - 171
Just had a bag of baked crisps, WAY too oniony, unfortunately, I did not enjoy them :( - 100
Lunch is two slices of Nimble, 100, and chicken and barley broth I think out of my soup collection haha. I have about 8 tins in my desk... Thats 126
Which leaves me..... 650ish for tea. I have cod and broccoli I think, and I'll make a cheese sauce from Philidelphia. Not sure how many that will be...

Hi everyone,

Its great that everyone is keeping up their daily calories, its really spurring me on.

B. Alpen bar 125

L Cuppa soup 80
alpen Bar 125
yogurt 120

D. not sure yet but around 600 cals

Going to try and get to aerobics tonight, i really need to try and lose 2lb this week !

All hail TOTM. I've been remarkably well-behaved (this'll be the first TOTM since starting the calorie-watch) and only eaten an 80 calorie sweetie and a 180 calorie packet of crisps in addition to my breakfast (250 cals) and lunch sandwich (another 250 cals).

I feel a little bad, since I really wanted to do well, but TOTM demands feeding. Frankly I'm glad I managed to avoid stuffing my face with muffins and chocolate :D

All hail TOTM. I've been remarkably well-behaved (this'll be the first TOTM since starting the calorie-watch) and only eaten an 80 calorie sweetie and a 180 calorie packet of crisps in addition to my breakfast (250 cals) and lunch sandwich (another 250 cals).

I feel a little bad, since I really wanted to do well, but TOTM demands feeding. Frankly I'm glad I managed to avoid stuffing my face with muffins and chocolate :D

Don't beat yourself up! That's not too bad at all, really, and think of what you would have had before, if you are anything like me, it would have been at least 2 packets of MCCOYS, not regular crisps, plus a monster sized bar ofGalaxy.... Seriously, thats about an extra 1800 calories at a guess..? So an extra 260 calories is a teensy bit overplan, but not too bad :)

Back