What have we eaten today

Well done, CB!

Dreading my WI tomorrow - you know when you just KNOW you haven't lost? Too much of the old sauce this week. Starting afresh now.

Lou, I went to M&S too today although I didn't go in their cafe, but that's a good tip, thanks. I was there to buy a new suit as I have a job interview on Friday. Just about fitted into the size 14 trousers - 16 was way too big! :) Will have to be very good all week now to be sure that they're not too tight!

b - bacon & egg butty, 261
l - Chicken salad sandwich 283, apple & grapes snack 49, packet of WW cheese puffs 75, orangeade 18

686 so far. Dinner will be chilli con carne with brown rice and broccoli, 415, so that leaves about 200 for snacks, probably a few rice cakes with houmous and cottage cheese so will probably come in a little low today.

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow, will keep my fingers crossed you have a loss. And good luck for Friday!

Stupid question, but how long do you cook brown rice for? Whenever I try it always seems half-cooked, even when I've had it on the hob for ages!

Hi everyone,

Well done on all of your loses this week.

Gosh I am hoping for a loss this week, feels like pulling teeth at the minute.

B. Bacon sandwich 450

L. alpen bar 125
apple 60

D. chicken stew
with mash 500
bread & butter 200

Bottle of larger 100
penquin bar 120

approx 1555
Mmmmmmmmmmm

My day!

b- hotchoc and fruit = 185
L- Potato wedges and salad =226
T- Spag bol (100g exleanmince + 170g pasta) = 482

Snacks- 3x10cal soups (I love them!)
200g cucumber
100g Tom
3xcrackers
celery
shortcake biscuit
nosugar jelly

Altogether = 1089 I know I should be eating more than this! think I'm going to have a options hot choc (40) and a brownie bar(72) to watch friends so that takes me up to 1201 - how does that sound to everyone?? you can tell i'm a beginner hey!

Cheers Sarah xx

hi yummymummy, that sounds good to me, you should be aiming for around 1200-1700 i think as you are a similar weight to me and thats what i have been told is ok to do. dont forget you can build ou cals up with fruit a large banana has around 105 cals so thats a good way to keep them up.

B: skinny cow hot choc, cereal bar
L: corned beef salad
D: spaghetti on 2 wholemeal toast with 10g low fat butter

S: Banana, Apple, plum, 2 rashers HL bacon on a bagel (was peckish and i didnt really have much to eat all day), skinny cow hot choc

I was bad and weighed again this morning, another 2lbs off since Saturday, lol. Must be good for the rest of the week to keep it off (and more, hopefully!)

Today I'll be having:

Breakfast: 2 weetabix and a medium banana
S: Alpen Summer Fruits bar and a box of raisins
Lunch: Scrambled egg (2) and toast (2) with a scraping of low fat spread. Followed by an apple
S: Golden Lights and a WW fruit yogurt
Dinner: WW Chicken in tomato basil sauce with broccoli and carrots
Snack: 100g strawberries and 4 cream crackers with 30g Philadelphia Extra Light

This comes to 1389 calories.

I'm going to go a walk today to the little main street about 1.5 - 2 miles away. Will walk there and probably get bus back. Off to get ready and make a move just now!

Morning all,

Blimey i was starving when i woke up this morning, think its all this cold weather!

B. Bagel with marmite 220
alpen bar 125

L 1/2 carton carrot soup 140
apple 60

D Broccoli, sprouts potato
Carrot Turkey 500

Stupid question, but how long do you cook brown rice for? Whenever I try it always seems half-cooked, even when I've had it on the hob for ages!

Depends on how much you're cooking, but on average it takes about 20 minutes once the water has begun to boil.

I cooked the brown rice for 25 mins and then poured a kettle of boiling water through it. I always forget how long it takes and have to double-take when I look at the packet instructions!

Today I have had
b - turkey rashers & egg sarnie - 245
sn - two jaffa cakes (stuck in a boring meeting) - 65
l - chicken salad pitta with pesto mayonnaise, yoghurt, apple - 410
dinner will be left over chilli with rice & broccoli, 415
I plan to have 3 rice cakes with a tbsp each of houmous & cottage cheese and some cherry tomatoes for supper, 165 so that will bring me to 1300 bang on.

Aww, hang in there, Jot. I know how hard it is when you feel like you've been really good but the scales just won't shift! I used to use that as an excuse to go on a binge, "oh to hell with it if it's not even working!". I still have to fight that urge. But you can't give in - the only response to a slow loss rate is to just try harder. You'll get there!

Totally agree with Lady Marmalade, Jot. I used to do the "Oh bugger it, it's not working I just give up!". But don't let it get you down, I bet one week you'll have a big loss all at once.

Thanks LM,

Yes I think because i lost 11lb low carbing in a bout 4 weeks, and only 5lb ccing in a couple of months just leaves me feeling a bit low. I might try and cut out a few carbs in my calories budget to try and get the best of both worlds.

anyone else low carbing while ccing.?

I need a complete re-think and an official boot up the a*se...

Today has been horrendous. I had bacon sarnies for breakfast [330], fruit at work [Im not counting fruit], a tuna and red onion sandwich [380], and a huge bag of crisps (286 :() AND a curly wurly [121]
Then I lost the will to live and count lol [OMG STILL NOT DONE] I had a ham and cheese salad when I got in, with lettuce and tomatos. Leftover chilli chicken with noodles. Dad made that NO IDEA what was in it... probably about 500 calories? A slice of chocolate cake which is about 175 cals and then I just had a bowl of chips with a dollop of mayo.

I am not pregnant. But all I want to do all day is eat. Why the hell am I making this so tough, why am I struggling so damn much??? I'm obsessing about food and its making me eat MORE!! :S

Hi Auburn,

Oooh it such hard work some days isnt it?
I know how you feel I am having a real slow result at the minute and i am really fed up:cry:

Thanks LM,

Yes I think because i lost 11lb low carbing in a bout 4 weeks, and only 5lb ccing in a couple of months just leaves me feeling a bit low. I might try and cut out a few carbs in my calories budget to try and get the best of both worlds.

anyone else low carbing while ccing.?

Hey Jot, I'm low carbing only cos there's so many flippin calories in them and i want to eat more! haven't touched bread since fri!!

Today I've had
B- hot choc and fruit salad
L- salad, boiled egg potato wedges and jelly
T- roasted sweet pot, quorn fillets and loads of veg! had a ww icecream for pud

Snacks:- cucumber, tomato, grapes, kiwi fruit, 2x10cal soup, skinnycow hotchoc, brownie bar and 4xcrackers

Total =1270! i ate so much!!

Weighed myself today (just cos I want to weigh on a monday) and I've lost 3lb already so i'm well pleased!

Auburn, we all have days like that, don't be hard on yourself :)

Yesterday I had a day/night out, drank terrible amounts of wine, ate a piece of chocolate cake, and finished the day off with pizza and chips.
Total Calories yesterday? Probably about a million. Lol. No idea. Was having a great day with wonderful friends and didn't even attempt to count!

Today I've been on much better behaviour!

Breakfast - Bowl of Fruit and Fibre Cereal 250 Cals

Lunch - Bowl of soup 150 Cals

Dinner - Pork, Cabbage, Chips 600 Cals

Snacks - 3 Clementines 105 Cals
Milk Allowance - 100 Cals

Daily Total - 1205 Calories :)

hi, i am trying to kind of wean myself off carbs for now, will probably re-introduce a few later on. but at the moment i am trying not to eat any carbs after 6pm nor main meals after 6pm, i dont want my body to be trying to digest my food while i am asleep, hopefully it will help shed the lbs.
for me today.

B:2 ww wholemeal toast with 10g low fat butter
L:corned beef salad
D: Chicken breast, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, 3 small roast pots, gravy

Snacks: Plum, 1 bag be good to yourself crisps, apple

PMSL at above :D Also roffling at Lorraine Kelly on GMTV just now, used the word, "bumfling" when talking about a dress, lmao! Such a Scottish word!

Well done on your loss yummy mummy, that's great! I might have to get some of this skinny cow hot choc, I really like a mug of that now and again.

I'm having porridge for breakfast, yum. Had 35g oats, 150ml skimmed milk and a tsp of Splenda - 179 cals

Going to go and have a coffee in a minute, I really need it this morning!

Back