What have you bought today that you would recommend to refeeders/maintainers?

I love clothes shopping
Hi Mary - hope you had a good day Thurs. I wasn't on here yest so just trying to catch up! yes I love clothes shopping too! Oh I realised I have a Jack Daniels chilli barbeques sauce in my cupboard which needs to be used (I havent even opened it!) will marinade my ribs in that! x

I was thinking of boiling the ribs first to get them tender, then marinade them in the chinese 5 spice and barbecue sauce for an hour or so then warm them in the oven.

Great idea, right then I'm going to put mine on low on the slowcooker for a couple of hours rubbed in 5 spice with water and a dollop of bbq/chilli sauce to tenderise them. Then before I put on the George I will put more sauce on them! Will let you know how they turn out! Not sure what to serve them with yet maybe homemade chunky chips and some made with sweet potatoes too and salad x

Sounds divine - or even serve with some noodles stir fried with mushrooms, onions and peppers.

Oooh yes i've got some Udan noodles (chunky Japanese ones), will try that!

Today I bought a small Green and Blacks organic dark chocolate 'Mayan Gold' bar (with spices and orange) .69p from Holland Barrats was lush! I had 4 small pieces with a coffee at neros, my first proper coffee since TFR, was lovely .I also bought a Gillian Mckeith 'love' health bar. I felt this was gimmiky and not worth the £1.69 I paid for it. (She has a whole new range out at H&B). It was full of so called healthy see, herbs etc and didnt taste too bad, however I only had small amount as shocked to see that the 100g was 319cals (the bar was 75grams) so about 260 cals i'm guessing!

Last edited:
Hi Kered
Food expert. There you have done it again, reinforced my belief in you. Thanks

Schwartz Moroccan seasoning mixed with "Total % yogurt" makes beautiful flavour for kebabs, chicken or fish. You only need a teaspoon of seasoning and 1/4 tub of the smallest tub of youhurt to coat the chicken. Really really nice.

Schwartz Moroccan seasoning mixed with "Total % yogurt" makes beautiful flavour for kebabs, chicken or fish. You only need a teaspoon of seasoning and 1/4 tub of the smallest tub of youhurt to coat the chicken. Really really nice.

Thanks Matronix thats now on my list- sounds scrummy x

Today I bought a small Green and Blacks organic dark chocolate 'Mayan Gold' bar (with spices and orange) .69p from Holland Barrats was lush! I had 4 small pieces with a coffee at neros, my first proper coffee since TFR, was lovely .I also bought a Gillian Mckeith 'love' health bar. I felt this was gimmiky and not worth the £1.69 I paid for it. (She has a whole new range out at H&B). It was full of so called healthy see, herbs etc and didnt taste too bad, however I only had small amount as shocked to see that the 100g was 319cals (the bar was 75grams) so about 260 cals i'm guessing!

I sometimes find the gimmicky things just too over the top expensive for what they are. I think sometimes its better just to have a small bar of whatever you fancy and count it into your daily intake.

Hi Kered
Food expert. There you have done it again, reinforced my belief in you. Thanks

You make me laugh......lol, I wish I was an expert, I would never have gotten to the weight I was.....haha.

That sounds lovely and I have written a list of all the things you ladies and Mark are recommending, I will definitely be trying them after the holidays.

What I do have to try this week with chicken is
Discovery is the label, its called Mexiacan roasted pepper salsa, I am going to try that on a wrap with chicken and peppers. Loving experimenting with all these new flavours.

Oooh mocroccan spice - sounds nice! where can you buy things like this? in the supermarket with the herbs and spice rack?

so basically any yogurt that is 'natural' is fine to use for cooking!?

Hehe well think about it. You wouldn't cook chicken with strawberry yoghurt now would ya?....I might LOL

I find Natural Yoghurt to be so good, I even love it on it's own. I never did before LT though. You really should try it with jacket potato, tuna and veg or even chicken. So lush :D

I find natural yoghurt to be a great substitute for mayonnaise. I made myself a tuna, natural yoghurt and salad sandwhich using low fat ingredients instead of buying the ready made tuna and mayo filling. Saving myself probably around 50+ calories :)

Goes to show that you really don't need all the additional fat :)

:giggle: hahahaha cook chicken with lemon yogurt - lemon chicken!!! lol

So instead of tuna mayo/salad cream have tuna & natural yogurt and maybe some herbs?

I cant wait now! I am scared but starting to get exctied - come on 5 weeks!!! lol

Today I bought a packet of marmite flavoured ricecakes 113 cals for 30g bag I think barely any fat.Shared them with the girls in my office. Yum I love marmite x

Today I bought a packet of marmite flavoured ricecakes 113 cals for 30g bag I think barely any fat.Shared them with the girls in my office. Yum I love marmite x

I must try these, I dont LOVE marmite, but I dont dislike it either, every now and again is nice.

With the rice cakes in Asda -Darn! I forgot the moroccan spice! x

Back