What have you cut down on the most...

Blueway

Silver Member
...since you started losing weight?
Mine is cheese, I would put it on everything and also just eat chunks of it on it's own.
Now i tend not to buy it or just get a small amount of low fat mozzarella.
What have you cut down or cut out?

Chocolate. Because it has so many calories.
I have dark chocolate now - a few pieces is quite satisfying.
Also I have those low calorie hot chocolates and white hot chocolates in place of chocolate :)

Biscuits. I could quite easily polish off a whole packet of chocolate digestives whilst watching tv in the evening. Now I try not to even have just one as I'm not sure I could stop once started.

I have to be reallllly careful with crisps as I love them and they are soooo pointless and do not fill you up an iota, plus I could eat and eat them for forever whereas at least with chocolate it gets quite sickly after a while.

Hi all, hope u dont mind me joining in, newbie to the cc forum, just started a diary!
Im having to cut down on carbs in general lol i think they may be stopping me from losing weight! But if i was to say anything in particular i would go for chocolate and biscuits.
I am also a sucker for choc digestives and could eat a pack at night watching a film or wotever lol

Actually i really miss them, not had any since christmas!! I would say 'must put these on the shopping list' but that would be a bad idea!!!

xxx

Cheese for me, not a "lover" of cheese but wud eat a lot of it but I have became aware of how high in calories it actually is! Need to get my sweet tooth under control, that's always my down fall! X

I cut out three major things when I started losing weight back in March- Cheese, Cream Cheese and Nutella. I had no control over my ability to eat any of them. I am gradually cutting down on sugary things. I don't really miss Cheese that much- I still buy Grated Mozarella which I sprinkle on top of Pasta Bakes but its the only way I eat cheese now. I do miss Nutella but that's because of my sweet tooth more than anything.

I also haven't had a Biscuit in months and don't find myself missing them too much. I have a chocolate bar or cake within plan once a week, though as I get closer to goal I suspect they will have to be cut out too. I do wish Coco Pops and Frosties were healthier and more filling though!

I went through an obsession with nutella and just sit there with a jar and spoon! I don't go near it now lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think i've cut down most on bread, pasta and chocolate.
Maybe cheese too as others have said - but I think that might go hand-in-hand with eating less bread because as an unimaginative vegetarian I mostly had cheese sandwiches most days for lunch!

Wow I was just about to start a thread with this, thanks :) I have cut out cheese, pasta and chocolate most. Chocolate although I love it is the easiest to cut out but proper food wise I'm finding it hard not having cheese or pasta. I love really mature cheddar cheese too so very high in cals especially the amount I'd have and I used to have pasta at least 2 times a week and a very big plateful at that too! x

Oh and fyi mini party rings are a new discovery of mine, they satisfy my biscuit and sweet tooth, and are not very high in calories! I only found them because my little boy started having them x

Yeah there in a little bag they are really handy. Also they do little boxes of them and it's 34 cals for 2 x

Wow I was just about to start a thread with this, thanks :) I have cut out cheese, pasta and chocolate most. Chocolate although I love it is the easiest to cut out but proper food wise I'm finding it hard not having cheese or pasta. I love really mature cheddar cheese too so very high in cals especially the amount I'd have and I used to have pasta at least 2 times a week and a very big plateful at that too! x

I really like the little individual marmite cheeses, they're about 80 cals each but unfortunately one is never enough for me!

Blueway said:
I really like the little individual marmite cheeses, they're about 80 cals each but unfortunately one is never enough for me!

Oh I've had those before they are really nice!

Back