What have you found easier to do since losing weight?

Summerskye

Gold Member
It might not sound very exciting, but one of the things I've discovered since losing weight is how much easier I find it to cut my toenails :)

When I was 8 stone heavier, my huge tum always got in the way and I had a real job trying to reach them properly :rolleyes: :eek:

Anyone else discovered something that's become so much easier to do since losing weight? :D

I'm in agreement with u Sharon.. I find it easier to paint my toenails...... my boobs may have only shrunk a little.. but its enough to reach my toenails a lot more comfortably... had to kind of squish them to the sides before!!!! Men they are so lucky.. they only have their beer guts stopping them from reaching their toes.

It was easier to paint my toes from a standing up and bending over position than it was to paint them sitting down!

Yes! To cut my toenails. To actually see my toenails!!

To sit crosslegged and to squeeze through small gaps and not being embarrassed if I don't fit after all :)

I have a tempur mattress and now I can actually get out of bed:).. Before I started to loose weight i'd make a crater where I slept and couldn't roll out of it:), its nice to go to bed knowing I can get out!!!!!!And seeing my knees what a shock my feet told me there was something connecting them to me but I hadn't seen them for years:)

Goodness where do you start.

1. To get in and out of rooms without being noticed.

2. No longer people not referring to me as "you know the big guy", when they can't remember my name. Now of course they say "you know the bloke who was big guy" - you can't really win.

3. Going in to a McDonalds and sit in any bloody chair I want without needing the fire brigade to get me out. Not that I would go in a McDonalds you understand :eek:

4. To buy clothes in a design I want, rather than what is available in my size

5. Sitting in aircraft seats and not worry if the seat belt would fit

6. I no longer sweat - it's true

and although I am rarely serious

7. I know Mrs Brad always did love me and was proud of me before, now it is different. (Brad compose yourself you fool)

:eek: sorry :eek:

8. Going into a sport shop to buy stuff, before I would only go into a sport shop if I was lost and needed directions.

Most of you will understand when I say it is a whole new life and I am grateful I discovered VLCD.

The list is quite literally endless.

Well, I have only lost just over 2 stone so far...but find it much easier to jump up off the sofa, instead og heaving myself up, to run up the stairs when I am late for work without being out of breath, to paint my toenails, to actually LOOK at myself in a mirror, to pay attention to the clothes I am wearing, to clean the house....and the list goes on!!

walk, yep, walk, anywhere without thinking Im gonna collapse.

and smile! Smile coz Im happy!

i've found it easier to do my job beause I work in a very cramped space and we're always having to squeeze past each other

Not having red raw legs at the top where they rub together when I got a little bit hot.

Buying "one size" clothes that actually fit!

Wearing tights with the crotch in the right place, ie not down by my knees.

Walking faster.

Buying clothes that I want, not clothes that actually fit.

Being able to walk into a room and look a "normal" size and not sticking out like a sore thumb.

Not having red raw legs at the top where they rub together when I got a little bit hot.

Oh yes! and under my boobs :( So sore.

I did start putting antiperspirant there and it worked a treat. Vaseline to clear it up first though.

It has been lovely this last two summers not to have to worry about that :)

Sorry cant comment on this subject but u know what 6 months from now Sharon hun i am going to find this post and will be proud to list a whole lot of things, take care xx

I'll be looking out for your long list then, Roch .. and we'll all be very proud of you when we read it :)

Love

So many things!
being able to eat from a tray on my lap if I want to. HAVING a lap, for my grand daughter or the dog to sit on.
Being able to fly without stress. (the seatbelt issue again)
Being able to do the ironing standing up.
Changing the bedlinen without having to sit down.
Walking more than a few yards.
Waking up in the morning free of pain.
Wearing tights, and hold ups.
Going up and down the stairs whenever I want to, not when I absolutely HAVE to.
Enjoying attending to personal hygeine.
Not snoring. (so DH says)
Being able to kneel down.
etc etc etc
Ann x

Walking from the changing room to the steps of the swimming pool. Definately easier on the pride.
Also buying any food without avoiding the sales assistant gaze whilst they think does she need that? Paranoia subsides!

Back