What have you just eaten??

Kieragh1515 said:
On it's own?! How much quark did u use? I tried this & it was bouncing but maybe had too much in it.

Yeah I know. Quark on it's own is gross! I got a 250g pot of it from sainsburys and stirred 2 wicked White choc options in. I could only eat half as it's quite sweet and thick. Wasn't sure whether to chew or just swallow! It tasted like a cheesecake with no base! I have been trying to make myself eat quark but this is the only thing that's been nice :) try it. (or maybe put a third sachet in if your going to split it) :)

Yeah I know. Quark on it's own is gross! I got a 250g pot of it from sainsburys and stirred 2 wicked White choc options in. I could only eat half as it's quite sweet and thick. Wasn't sure whether to chew or just swallow! It tasted like a cheesecake with no base! I have been trying to make myself eat quark but this is the only thing that's been nice :) try it. (or maybe put a third sachet in if your going to split it) :)

Do you like cheese omelettes?? I put half a tub of quark plus my 2 oz cheese as my two 2 "a choices" and it tastes yummy!

aliscrapper said:
Do you like cheese omelettes?? I put half a tub of quark plus my 2 oz cheese as my two 2 "a choices" and it tastes yummy!

Ooo... will have too try this sounds great, I don't know hoe I would cope without quark... It's used in so much that Kev makes for us...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Ooo... will have too try this sounds great, I don't know hoe I would cope without quark... It's used in so much that Kev makes for us...

What else do you use quark for?? I've not used it for anything but the omelettes; so definitely looking at other ways of using it! Thanks:D

aliscrapper said:
What else do you use quark for?? I've not used it for anything but the omelettes; so definitely looking at other ways of using it! Thanks:D

Kev makes SW quiche with quark, and he uses it to make creamy mash, we make cheesecakes with it. Topping for low syn muffins and a carbonara sauce for pasta... I even stir in black pepper and spread on crispbreads, he buys about five tubs a week and we never waste any...

hendopig said:

Ok will maybe give it a whirl again!! :)

aliscrapper said:

I've just made up some tubs of synfree chicken & bacon pate and some Stilton, garlic & herb boursin - all using quark :) can't wait to get spreading them on my ryvita for lunch :)

Oh, apologies. Still not familar with boards. Just realised this is a SW one. Flaxseeds are FULL of fat, so probably not syn friendly.

PS This "quark" sounds interesting.

• Sunday dinner in a bag (chicken breast and veggies, baked in a foil parcel for about 30 mins at 200 degrees)
  • gravy - 1 syn
  • a whole WW whip pudding with milk from allowance - 2 syns

Waterstones in Amsterdam is just across the square from where I work, and they are stocking more and more food from the UK. So that means Bisto gravy! Yay!

Just had vegetable soup with harissa swirled in at the end.

Without blowing my own trumpet it was bloody good!!

Kieragh1515 said:
I've just made up some tubs of synfree chicken & bacon pate and some Stilton, garlic & herb boursin - all using quark :) can't wait to get spreading them on my ryvita for lunch :)

Sounds amazing. Don't suppose I could have the recipes? ;-)

Back