What have you just eaten??

Big bowl of fruit salad (melon, grapes, apple, kiwi, blueberries) and Activia fat Free Peach flavour

A teaspoon of melted chocolate that wouldnt quite fit of my cupcakes I've made for bake sale tonight! Oh, make that a heaped teaspoon!!! Think I'll be extra careful rest of day!!!

Summer berries and yoghurt

Salad with boiled eggs and a bit of FF Fromage Frais as a dressing :)

Still feeling hungry (appetite is out of control at the minute :() so might have a thai mugshot (0.5 syns) as well. Would of had a yogurt but forgot to bring one with me :sigh:

Baked beans on toast (spread the toast with philadelphia light garlic and herbs...yum!) I hadn't had beans on toast for ages so it was a nice change :)
Ooh, and two quorn sausages- I found some of the old style ones in my local health food shop so they were free :p

bilsat said:
Food eaten in the last two days....

Pete’s Potato Skins

Ingredients
Serves 4

4 Baking Potatoes
112g Low Fat Cheddar Cheese (from your daily allowance) = 28g per person
Cajun mix
Philadelphia Low Fat chives & herb Cheese Spread

Method
Wash potatoes and dry, with a fork scrap the sides and prick them.
In (600w) Microwave 4 large potatoes for 10-15 mins, until soft, remove and cut into half. Allow to cool, scoop out most of the cooked potato (keep and use for mash - you can freeze it), leaving a shell of potato and skin about 6-8 mm thick.

Spray with Fry light on both sides and season with Salt & pepper

Put on a baking tray, with an oven tray, on top. Bake for 20 minutes at 180c, remove and add the topping of your choice, spray with Fry Light again and add your favourite filling, Cheddar Cheese or Cajun Mix, bacon etc. and return for a further 10 mins until crisp and golden.
For a dip, try, Philadelphia chives & herb cheese spread.

Pete’s Spaghetti Bolognese

Serves 4

½ Syn on Ee
6Syn if not using wholemeal spaghetti

Ingredients

2 small onions, chopped
1 garlic clove
1 small carrot, chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded & chopped
1 green pepper, deseeded & chopped
125g mushrooms, chopped
1 large celery stick, chopped
454g low fat beef mince
1 400Ml can/box of chopped tomatoes
1 Tsp Worcester sauce
125Ml of beef stock
2 level Tbsp tomato puree
1 Tbsp mixed Herbs
400g cooked wholemeal spaghetti
Parmesan Cheese

Method

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook the onion until transparent then add the meat and cook until brown. Put to one side.

In a deep saucepan spray with Fry Light and cook the onion until transparent, then add, garlic, carrot, peppers, mushrooms and celery and cook for 10 mins.

(If you want a smooth sauce then remove from the heat and using a hand blender blitz to a smooth sauce.)

Add the meat and the tomatoes, stock, Worcester sauce and season to taste, cook for 30 mins until it thickens.

Add spaghetti to the sauce, mix and serve, sprinkle with Parmesan if required. Enjoy with salad!
Pete’s Salads

Ingredients

Iceberg lettuce
Tomato
Spanish onion
Carrot
Red, yellow, Green Peppers
Celery Stick
Kraft Low Fat Dressing

Method
Shred the lettuce with a sharp knife, (use a plastic one if you don’t want the lettuce edges to go brown) chop tomatoes into 8 pieces, grate the carrot, cut finely the Spanish onion and wash the celery and cut into small pieces. Cut & Deseed the peppers and cut lengthways first then chop into small pieces
Toss together with your hands, season with salt & pepper and add your favourite dressing.

Sounds and looks yummy but why 6 syns if not using Wholemeal pasta?

Jacket spud (2 smallies), beans and HExA cheese.

Super speed soup

Back