What have you just eaten??

Fruit medley- melon, strawberries, pineapple and grapes.

yesterdays food...............

Pete’s Scan Bran Carrot Cake

Syn free

Ingredients

5 scan bran
300g/3 medium size carrots
1 egg
3 Tbsp sweetener
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp nutmeg
Pinch salt
Zest from 1 lemon

Method

Break the scan bran into a mixing bowl and add boiling water, a bit at a time to soften them, mash into a smooth mix.

Grate the peeled carrots, drain as much liquid out of them as possible, and then place in a towel and wring out any remaining liquid. Add to mixing bowl along with the egg, sweetener and spices & lemon zest, mix well.

Preheat the oven to 180c and prepare a loaf tin, line with greaseproof paper cut to fit, spray with fry light.

Place on the middle shelf for 30 mins, insert a metal skewer into the middle of the cake and when you pull it out and it comes out clean, the cake is done.

Remove from the tin and allow to cool on a wire rack.

Pete’s Mushroom Risotto

Serves 2

Syn Free * (without chorizo)

Ingredients

150g Arborio rice
½ Ltr chicken stock
1 tsp “easy lazy” garlic
8 small mushrooms, cleaned & chopped into small pieces
1 stick celery, washed & chopped to small pieces
½ cupful of frozen peas
1 onion, chopped into small pieces
1 lemon
1 Tbsp of Worcester sauce
Parmesan cheese (out of your daily allowance)
* 4 chorizo sausage slices .5 Syn each/per person (optional)

Method

Boil a kettle and make ½ Ltr of chicken stock, using a chicken cube or use homemade stock.
Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and cook the onions, garlic & celery, cook until transparent.
Add the rice and allow it to be coated by mixing all ingredients, cut the lemon and drizzle the juice over the rice and cook for 5 mins.

Using a ladle add 2 ladles of hot stock at a time, cook until all liquid has gone then repeat until ¾ stock has been used. Add peas, mushrooms & Worcester sauce and
* Chorizo slices if used.

When all stock has been used up grate parmesan cheese over the rice and put a lid on it and leave to steam. Serve on a hot bowl and have a side salad with it.

Attachments

• Scan bran carrot cake (Large).JPG
    Scan bran carrot cake (Large).JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Scan bran carrot cake-2 (Large).JPG
    Scan bran carrot cake-2 (Large).JPG
    260.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Mushroom Risotto (Large).JPG
    Mushroom Risotto (Large).JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 54
A banana followed by Weetabix crunchy bran (HEB), coco pops (5.5 syns), ff natural yoghurt and skimmed milk (HEA)

I was hungry!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Frozen grapes :D

I had abbot three hours ago weetabix minis and milk x

1 scan bran and some coconut pieces x

Lunch was utterly AMAZING! I had the Chargrilled Peri Peri Squid from the Simply Summer cookbook. OMFG, Orgasmic!

Super speedy too! I am rather impressed at my cooking skills (I know I just followed a recipe) as it was so yummy! You really shoudl do it in your fishy week- £2.25 of squid tubes fed three of us. :)

Back