What have you just eaten??

I'm currently inhaling the prawn curry that's cooking, can't wait to eat it, hope it tastes as good as it smells!

In the meantime I am consuming a cheeky glass of sparkling wine! :D A large-ish bar of galaxy may also have fallen into my shopping basket on the way home! Well, we all have to have a treat now and again! ;)

The valentines meal i just cooked
Starter:
4 Morrisons tempura kings prawns - 2 syns each
encona sweet chilli sauce - 1tbsp 1.5 syns

Main:
quorn fillets with onions cooked with veg stock and philadelphia extra light (35g 3 syns)
noodles coated in some of the sweet chilli sauce

dessert:
cadburys light mousse pot (3 syns per pot) with strawberries for dipping

Our valentines meal was chicken wrapped in Bacon with sweet potato wedges and roasted veg hmmmmm!! Ww banoffee frozen dessert xxx

OMG! I think I have just eaten the most amazing syn free king prawn curry ever... home made by me and have to say, I think it beats the takeaway versions I've ever had hands down!

Go me!

Just had late tea after wi
Tuna steak marinated in chili & soya sauce with new potatoes & lots of broc and carrots
Followed by Wispa bar (10.5 syns) - weekly treat :drool:

grapes, raspberries and banana with a mango and passionfruit mullerlight :)

KittenKat said:
OMG! I think I have just eaten the most amazing syn free king prawn curry ever... home made by me and have to say, I think it beats the takeaway versions I've ever had hands down!

Go me!

And you can bless us with the recipe (pretty please!!!) I love prawns and I love curry so must try a new recipe! Xx

And you can bless us with the recipe (pretty please!!!) I love prawns and I love curry so must try a new recipe! Xx

There is no receipe really, I just threw a pile of things into the pot!

I threw in a couple of medium sliced onions, a large pepper cut into chunks, lazy garlic, and lazy ginger (chopped up a bit more though) and softened it up a bit with some fry light. Then added some ground coriander, ground cumin, chilli powder, medium curry powder (quite a lot of as I like my currys to taste of curry properly and not some wishy washy flavour!), a few dried red chillies and 2 tins of chopped tomatoes. Cooked that all up until nearly ready and then split into 2, as was far more than I needed just for last night. For last night's portion I then threw in some already cooked king prawns and let them warm through before stuffing my face!

The rest of the curry sauce is waiting to go into the freezer this evening, to which I can add whatever I have going at the time I take it out to defrost, i.e. cooked prawns, leftover chicken, quorn pieces, etc.

I would have thrown in a chopped fresh chilli as well but the ones I had in the fridge were beyond redemption! Must remember to get a jar of lazy chilli to keep in the fridge alongside the garlic and ginger!

small sweet potato, 2 rashers bacon, ribbons of carrot, 4 strawberries and 1 Aldi cereal bar. left half of potato as did not want it - this is a first for me leaving food

many raspberries

A side salad (plain) with a diet pepsi. Whilst my size 8 sister sat opposite me and ate a kfc meal. Now that felt like torture!! :(

fried egg sandwich (heb) with hea of cheese (just nibbled) and some tomatoes.

Back