what have you made and can recommend from this months mag?

I made the brocolli and penne cheesy bake last night. Very filling but needed a bit more cheesy flavour, I thought. I halved the quantities to make 2 servings and used low low cheddar to save syns. Perhaps next time I will use a bit of stronger cheese and maybe a bit of nutmeg would make it more tasty, Worth making again anyway.

I made the chicken and mushroom pie. I didnt have tarragon so just used mixed herbs. I also added passata to the sauce. yummy!

I am not a very good cook but I was inspired to cook - I have tried the cottage pie, chunky beef stew and the beef noodles - all turned out very nice indeed. My hubby lovin' our new, healthier eating and I'm loosing weight

I have made the spaghetti with meat balls and tomato sauce but I added some red chilli and it was lush, I also made the chunky beef stew which was fab I added extra veggies on the side too, tonight I'm making the Chicken & veg curry :)

which mag do you have?? the month issue and whats on cover??
just wonder if you've got last months by mistake that the shop had hanging around or something?? as this months is in a plastic wrapping due to free booklet.

It said Aug/September and it was the last one on the shelf. Now I know why :eek: I really enjoyed reading the mag (didn't think I would) so I'll keep a look out for the October one. I've a comfort foods book coming from Ebay though so all is not lost :D

I made the mango chicken, looked nothing like the recipe when cooked and I wouldn't bother again :(

Having the chicken pie again tomorrow, I did like that :D

had the stuffed baked mushrooms the other day.....they were very yummy indeed and will definately have again.

and i have to say i dont usually like mushrooms like that and i hate cottage cheese so i wasnt expecting to really like these.

different meals from mags

ive had lancashire hot pot yummmmmmmmm... chicken pie (with a potatoe topping not pastry lol) and chicken and tarragon one pot and will def be having them all again

I made the mango chicken but altered it a bit.. so good!!
Instead of potatoes in with the chicken made sweet potato and butternut sqaush mash, so nice im planning on making it again this week:D

How did you get the mango chutney to caramelise mine was an insipid colour and looked absolutely nothing like the recipe...help!!! :D

hello can you send me the recipe please sounds nice thanks xx

The chicken pie was delicious:) I only used 3 chicken breasts though and cut them up prior to cooking. Three adults and there is enough leftover to feed another two of us tomorrow.

Oh and I didn't have any mustard but not sure what that would have added to it really.

hello can you send me the recipe please as it sounds nice thnx x

Valzar - I use the knorr stock pots, nearer to home made stock than an oxo cube :D

I made the lancashire hotpot last night for the freezer (batch cooking). It looked and tasted scrummy but went a bit dry - I altered the amounts as I had less lamb than the recipie but I needed to add more liquid.

Looking forward to trying some of the other recipies now.

I made the lancashire hotpot out of the comfort foods supplement yesterday too!

Halved the ingredients for me and DH and it was absolutely delish - would highly recommend to everyone.
Kept to the recipe except I used sliced leek instead of onion, and I used a Knorr chicken stockpot for the stock as didn't have any beef ones. I found it quite liquidy though??? Might be the type of dish I used - was a small Le Creuset style round casserole dish.

Going to try the chicken and mushroom pies next...

How did you get the mango chutney to caramelise mine was an insipid colour and looked absolutely nothing like the recipe...help!!! :D

Im not really sure, I didnt have the onion/potatoes in with it, all I did was make the mango coating stuff, pour it over the chicken and place it on a tray rather than in a dish.. maybe that helped?

The Lancs hotpot was to die for .....nom nom! Me and OH ate the lot(halved the recipe i'm not that greedy lol) i had mine with a good dollop of mint sauce! Trying the chicken n mushroom pies 2m comfort food .....loving it!

Jo x

The Lancs hotpot was to die for .....nom nom! Me and OH ate the lot(halved the recipe i'm not that greedy lol) i had mine with a good dollop of mint sauce! Trying the chicken n mushroom pies 2m comfort food .....loving it!

Jo x

Spooky, that's exactly what I'm doing. Had Lancashire Hotpot on Sunday, and the pies tomorrow!!

Back