What helps to keep you motivated?

not_lar_croft

Silver Member
This is something I downloaded and stuck in the front of my SW book
:flirt2:[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]I'm Free![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]It still blows my mind sometimes when I look in the mirror. I know intellectually I did the work and it was quite a long time...but its like in my mind all that is forgotten and when I see myself sometimes...I'm just struck dumb...Is that really me?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]But it is, and I'm thrilled! People keep asking me around town " what did you do to lose all that weight?" I'm so happy to share the how, the where, and let them know...Hey...this really can be done...I tried and failed a zillion times, but once I started focusing on a lifestyle rather than a quick fix it all fell into place and before I knew it...I was looking like I do now.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The best thing about this year is I got "FREE". Free of the kind of fatalistic thinking that kept me overweight the last 20 years. This is as good as it gets, might as well turn on the TV and eat another cookie, try to live with it, try to accept yourself in this body you don't like, just get comfy and don't dream toooo big. Thats no way to live....and being trapped in that fat suit...makes that lie seem like reality. But that's it...its a big Fat Lie! You can be healthy, fit and strong no matter your age, you can be the one doing the fun things, the adventurous things, rather than watching on the sidelines. It really can be you...So get free of that lie...and by taking small little baby steps, the weight will come off...you will get more fit, and as you do this...suddenly the opportunities of life, the adventures of life...will start appearing as something you can actually do. You can do whatever you decide you want to do. Don't let one more day pass you by...get out there and live it to the fullest. You get one life...it goes by fast...so make the most of it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Wooo Hoooo I'm freeeeeeeeeeee![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]When I look in my book I read this and know that this is what I really want to feel this year - how about you?[/FONT]

Definately a good motivator...with the 3 stone you loss that should be motivation enough to prove that you can do it! Well done!

That's great!

My motivation is mainly vanity! I love the clothes I can wear now, I love that I can wear heels without being in incredible pain, I love that I have cheekbones, I love that I don't have to wear horrible clothes just because they fit and I love (like the story above) that I catch my reflection and for a second don't realise it is me........ and I like what I see!

I have this awesome pair of jeans that I bought, wore about once and then couldn't fit into them next time I tried. Grrr. I absolutely love them and I just dug them out last night. I'm going to look at them every couple of days to remind myself why I'm doing this. Then maybe one day in the not-too-distant future, they'll be too big for me...

...Vanity :D

Last edited:
Fantastic thread, and a very inspiring story 'not lar croft'!!! I have to be honest, a huge factor for me is clothes and fashion!! I feel so much more glamorous when I'm slim, enjoy clothes so much more and enjoy compliments from people of both sexes (I'm happily married but do love to feel attractive and need admiration- apparently it's common in Ariens!!!). I'm looking forward to wearing skinny jeans and boots, and not worrying about my spare tyre(s) when I sit down and covering my tummy with a cushion!! I can't wait to be able to cross my legs with complete ease, rather than having to hold one across the other whilst feeling very uncomfortable! I look forward to wearing shorts and short skirts in the summer with no hang-ups, rather than having to wear long skirts under which my thighs rub together, or trousers! I also can't wait to be able to wear high heels without being in agony!! I look forward to going to fancy dress parties as something sexy like Wonderwoman rather than going as something comical like the man-eating shark I once went as for a laugh to cover everything up!!! There are tons of things that motivate me, but it's clothes that excite me the most!! Hope that doesn't make me sound shallow!! I realise that the health benefits are also important!!X

Hey ladies - these are brill. Keep adding - I'm going to think long and hard about it - bout time i did! - and post mine tomorrow! x

This forum and the lovely people on it keep me motivated all the time, they are brilliant and I am so grateful for their help.

Lots of things help keep me motivated. The great friends I have made on here, my recipe blog, the fact I have several boxes of smaller sized clothes to fit back into, also I just want to be healthier for my little boy. I don't want him to have a fat mummy, who can't keep up with him when he wants to play outside. etc. I want him to be proud of me.

I am determined to get the weight off and keep it off this time round.

Motivation - wearing nice clothes; Italy in September; my 30th in September; the gorgeous dress I've bought for one of my best friend's wedding; my own wedding in 2012; our plans to emigrate to Australia in the next few years; children after we've emigrated; to be healthy and happy.

I think Carly Simon sang something about my reasons many years ago! xx

Being able to clothes share again! my friend lost 4 stone with SW and gave me all her old clothes (they weren't OLD lol jut didnt fit her anymore! but i got my eyes on one of her new tops!!! lol

also primark! i just wanna be able to fit in primark lol!

also bras! i wanna be able to buy little sexy ones! not the bra version of scaffolding! currently a 40 e!!! would love to be a 34c!! that would be perfect!

My little boy ( my world ) starts school in September and i dnt want him to be picked on coz he has a fat mum. Also the time we spend together will be less ( im a student nurse now so when im in uni im only in 2 days a week ) therefore the weekends and holidays i want to be doing fun things with him even simple things like taking him swimming and going for walks up Rivington.

For reasons related to myself its clothes and shoes my fat feet dont fit into the 78 pairs of size 5 heels anymore. In fact i dont feel safe in heels anymore lol

To wear really nice clothes - all the time, and buy nicer cheap clothes (I think this will be easier when I am slim) also so my boys can be proud of me and I can happily take them swimming/play on the beach with them. So I will be in more photo's wilth my boys and feel good in them. To generally feel slim, fit and healthy

The fact that i have done well so far and dont want it to go back on. Plus a picture of me from my slim days stuck on my fridge!!

Seeing those pair of 34 waist straight cut jeans in my dresser, just waiting for me!! ..... NOT LONG TO GO !! not bad eh !... I was 44 waist large arse cut... hehehehehh!

phil x

I don't want to be the fat one out of my group of very slim sexy looking friends... i want to be one of them.... i'm sick of making them look good lol!! I want to look good in a wedding dress, hoping to plan it for 2012.... so got time to get there. I want to go into any shop and be able to buy anything they have in, rather than going to the fat section... where for some reason they think anyone over a size 16 has no shape..... what is with the square looking tops???
But despite my vanity, my biggest motivation is my kids and fiance.... although they love me as i am, i want to be more active and healthy, and have confidence to try new things and not be scared of what people think of me... or rather what people think of my weight!!!!...

If I'm honest I don't want people to look at me and see the fat before they see anything else. Obesity is increasing in the UK and I didn't want to be a statistic. I'm a nice person and I deserve to be seen for who I am not how big or small I am.

Once the weight starts coming off its amazing ... and that buzz has just kept me going. It took me a few months to get used to the diet but I'm now happy with the 1-2lb steady weight loss.

Don't believe you deserve that slice of cake or take away, believe you deserve to be thin and healthy!!

I don't want to be the fat one out of my group of very slim sexy looking friends... i want to be one of them.... i'm sick of making them look good lol!! I want to look good in a wedding dress, hoping to plan it for 2012.... so got time to get there. I want to go into any shop and be able to buy anything they have in, rather than going to the fat section... where for some reason they think anyone over a size 16 has no shape..... what is with the square looking tops???
But despite my vanity, my biggest motivation is my kids and fiance.... although they love me as i am, i want to be more active and healthy, and have confidence to try new things and not be scared of what people think of me... or rather what people think of my weight!!!!...

Love it !!!!

Phil x

Overweight = ugly

I dont want to be/feel ugly anymore!

Last year I got into a size 16 again (and I'd kept all my old clothes)
Now my motivation is getting into a pair of size 14 shorts this summer and tucking the t-shirt IN!

thinking that I look as good as I possibly can.....body confidence
It might be vain but I'm sick of cringing at what I see in photos or feeling dumpy compared to my mates

Back