What herbs spices do you use most?

chilli flakes on wedges :)

I always use ground cumin, ground coriander,basil,Chinese five spices, garlic and chillies in most things I cook (not all together lol coz that would be awful)

Chinese five spices. It tastes a bit like char sui for the chinese. Blummin lush it is.

I sometimes use the schwartz chicken seasoning on potato wedges. I use mixed herbs in a lot of tomato dishes. For curries, I bung pretty much anything in, and I love ground cardamon pods. Garlic pepper livens up a lot of dishes too, but go easy on it, it's pretty hot.

I bung herbs n spices in everything

tarragon goes lovely with chicken or with baked fish
Thyme goes really nice with chicken also
I tend to bung a bay leaf in any meat based casserole i make

my fave thing at the mo is pumpkin , squash and courgette cut into big chunks with chilli, cumin and corriander sprinkled over them with a bit of fry light then roasted off

ones i couldnt live without are deffo

Black peppercorns
Sea Salt
Dried corriander
Dried cumin
Chilli flakes
chilli powder
Thyme
cheapo tesco value dried mixed herbs which i bung in my scrambled eggs

I noticed yesterday that Tesco have a budget brand for some of the more common dried herbs n spices and they were about 40p a jar so if your stocking up from scratch id have a look at these and that way if you find there is one you dont like you havent wasted much

I love thyme and marjarom(great in tomato based pasta sauces) and rosemary for anything to do with lamb.

In terms of spices, i use everything, we have a drawer in our kitchen that is solely full of spices, but i do use all purpose seasoning, cumin, chinese five spice, paprika and bouquet garni

Try a pinch of smoked paprika on wedges or slimming world chips... with a tiny dusting of garlic powder too... Mmmmmm....

Mixed herbs in my tomatoey sauces
Cinammon on porridge (!!! YUM !!!)
Cumin in curries
Chilli powder in frittatas/bean burgers
Nutmeg in my rice pudding... mmmm
Chinese 5 Spice is lovely in stirfries

:)

As for fresh herbs, my ultimate favourite is basil. Tastes lovely and makes the food look posh! Hehe.

Garlic salt on my wedges and SW chips! Yum

How boring am I - I dont use them! maybes I should start! xxx

bayleafs and thyme in stews
garlic in everything lol
mixed herbs wherever i can

Back