What I Can't Wait For

i had to get sometging from the bottom shelf under the sink earlier, it was right at the back.omg it was uncomfortable. i only just stopped myself fromcalling hubby to get it for me.
i wont miss things like that, oh yeah and being able to get down onto the floor and get easily back up again when i'm playing with the girls.

Isn't funny how all these little things matter so much, but half the time we don't even realise how bad they are until we are ready to make the change :eek:

So many things

Just today - going up a wonky ladder outside to get the Christmas lights down.
Kneeling down in Church without pain and getting up again like a teenager!
So much energy.
Looking forward to wearing something pretty to go back to work tomorrow. I've got a choice.
Someone I haven't seen for a year not recognising me today.
Changing my job in less than 4 weeks.
A time of change for me.

Just today - going up a wonky ladder outside to get the Christmas lights down.
Kneeling down in Church without pain and getting up again like a teenager!
So much energy.
Looking forward to wearing something pretty to go back to work tomorrow. I've got a choice.
Someone I haven't seen for a year not recognising me today.
Changing my job in less than 4 weeks.
A time of change for me.

It's all just so exciting isn't it :)

I can't wait to be able to wear something like the below to next years Awards Dinners instead of the dress I have to wear this year.

littlewoodsteal.jpg

Not dreading baths away from home.
Not dreading school do's and those teeny weeny chairs!

This is my last post as a fat person!

Small towels

Don't you find the towels are always too small to hide your blushes?

Not any more. Little things like that you don't think of before you lose all the weight.
Tonight at my first RTM meeting our LLC asked us to reflect on this time last year and remember how we felt about our weight, eating issues. It made me feel emotional to realise what a tremendous change I have been through. I had to pinch myself -still can't believe it really.
I think it's going to take time to get my head around.
Good luck.

I wish you the best Westie you will get there im sure.

and sansukh you will also and have loads of fun with your little ones.

The important thing that i think most people forget on these forums is that you are already a beautiful person before the diet and what you are doing is to improve your health and give yourself the chance to do the things you could not before.

Exactamundo ......................

My point has always been that you are just as nice a person whether you are thin or fat or somewhere in between.
It was part of my subconcious reason for getting so large in the first place to challenge someone who thought that only thin people have any worth. But I have now realised that the only person I was punishing all those years was me!!

:doh::doh::doh:Talk about crooked thinking !

My point has always been that you are just as nice a person whether you are thin or fat or somewhere in between.
It was part of my subconcious reason for getting so large in the first place to challenge someone who thought that only thin people have any worth. But I have now realised that the only person I was punishing all those years was me!!

:doh::doh::doh:Talk about crooked thinking !

Ya know, I was just thinking about this subject yesterday. And I have noticed, and believe this - and I think there is living proof of this here daily....

People who have been fat, almost always seem to be more empathetic, sympathetic, patient, forgiving, dependable, etc., the naturally slim people.

I know that is a very VERY broad generalisation and obviously I do not mean it across the board in black and white.

But we have HAD to be. For me - its what I could offer people. I could not offer them beauty - but I could be a good, supportive kind person.

Also, longing for those things myself - love, friendship, acceptance, camaraderie, and not getting them made it crystal clear to me what it felt like to have your feelings hurt.

So therefore, it seems we would go out of our way not to hurt another persons feelings. Ya know what I mean? We knew what it felt like - so wouldn;t want to do that o anyone else.

I watch a lot of the slim youngsters at work, and listen to them in the smoking shed. SOme of them are so mean the way they talk about their "friends" and others. Amazes me!! There really ARE "mean girls" out there!! lol

ANyway - I am just waffling, and that probably didn;t make sense. I need coffee. ANd heat. :)

BL, what you say makes sense in lots of ways.

I too am a very trusting, sympathetic and loyal person. I was talking about something similar on my diary the other day, about not hating people and how I always see the best in people. In fact I can honestly say that there is no one in this world that I hate (life's too short to have such a destructive emotion IMO). I don't see it as a bad thing.

However what you have said has made me think a little about why I think like that and maybe it is because of having experienced hurt because of people's comments I am more aware of how these feelings make me feel and therefore I am careful to not direct these emotions against other people.

But on the other side of the coin, maybe it's possible that I became fat because of the fact that I am too nice. I guess the addage of the nice guys finishing last might come to mind. I know that I am a peacemaker and tend to accept more sh!t than I should do in that role. Frustrated at being taken for granted I know I eat to stuff down a lot of those feelings.

Ummmm, my head hurts. I think I need to go away and think about this a bit more because I can't really get out what I'm trying to say :confused:

Judgemental?

I think you are so right. Having been in our situation I think many of us have become the peacemakers and we have an inner need to be needed or accepted for another reason rather than just looking good. That's why it p..sses me off when
guys come on at me now opening doors,offering to carry things, just LOOKING in that guy way (don't get me wrong,it's nice and I have missed it!)BUT
they wouldn't have given me a second glance a year ago. I would have been invisible - the elephant in the room!
But to get back to my original point. I think we are less judgemental of others because we understand that being different can be uncomfortable and there are usually reasons, not just the obvious ones. e.g. where I work the customers often get angry and "kick off" they get labelled as trouble makers, but when you have the time to talk to them properly they are usually anxious, nervous, worried or struggling in some way.
I truly believe you get back what you give out.
I'm sure it's no accident that I my job is helping people with health conditions who are discriminated against and am involved in diversity issues.
Since i've lost my weight I've noticed a change in attitude from some of my "good friends". No contact from one,2 now I think of it, who can't handle it. Previously I would have tried to get things back on track. Not now. It's their problem I'm not the FAT FRIEND any more.It's so complex though.
It's amazing to be able to recognise all these behaviours in ourselves and other people but changing the habits of a lifetime is a harder matter isn't it?

I think feeling invisible is certainly something I have felt often.

Just before Xmas, whilst I was going through the process of reflection that lead to my restarting LL, I went to the pub with my Bro, his mate and girlfriend. My friend and I walked ahead of the boys and as we got to the pub there were a group of lads outside having a smoke. I walked through the door first and nothing was said. As my friend came through the door the comments started, come back out and join us, you're gorgeous etc. I don't consider myself any less gorgeous than her, the only thing that separates us is about 5 stone. They just could see past my "fat suit".

I was already very reflective that night and spent a lot of time people watching and realising how unfair it is. That's not being sorry for myself or winging, just unfortunately the way that life seems to work.

It was that night that I finally made the decision to start LL.

Yep, absolutely

I can so relate to that. I was lucky that I didn't ever notice people being nasty or unpleasant to me or about me unless it was behind my back, but it was that feeling of being a "non person" and invisible, not worth a second thought or glance that can also hurt.
I think that's why so many of us find it uncomfortable when that starts to change and people give us attention.
That's complicated too because although it's nice to be acknowledged and noticed it does make me feel angry too.
No win!
And so we go back to the original point!

WG You are right. I'm sure you are just as gorgeous. How will you feel after you've got back to your goal and people are making those comments to you?

WG You are right. I'm sure you are just as gorgeous. How will you feel after you've got back to your goal and people are making those comments to you?

I think that even though I will think it's unfair I will probably be quite pleased. I know we shouldn't need other people to validate us, but unfortunately we live in a world of interactions and no man is an island. I have always felt a little bit of an outsider and have never really felt attractive but I know that a lot of that is in my head and I need to deal with those issues seperately. I suppose as something I've never had it will be a novelty :)

Hard to get your head around

No,sorry, MY head.

I know that part of the reason for me putting on the "fat suit" was to keep attention at bay.If you don't encourage people to get close they can't cause you pain.
Then maybe when you are ready for some attention, there isn't any and you realise your life is going by.
That's why I value my husband so much
who met me when I was size 22 and I got bigger and bigger over the years, but although it hasn't always been plain sailing for us he has never judged me for my size or weight.In fact he says he prefers voluptuous women - oh dear (sighs) size 10 now! and feeling fabulous.
Hard luck him!

Really positive posts and ones alot of us can relate to Ive started a journal with my goals and what I cant wait for, and it wont be long until all your wishes come true!
Stay strong!
LotsofLove
Rachiie -ox-

Back