What I have written for moms funeral...And Slideshow.

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Hi - I thought I would share what I have written for my mom. I hope it sounds alright....my husband will read it for me at the funeral, as I won't be able to - but I hope it comes across nicely?

Dorothy, mom, died in the same way she lived her life…. With dignity and grace, and a calm reassuring courage. And right to the very end, that familiar glint in her beautiful blue eyes remained, warming our hearts and giving us strength, as only she could do. And despite the unfairness of her situation, the injustice of what she endured, she never once complained. I think it is safe to say we could all learn an awful lot from a woman like that.

Mom was an extraordinary woman, and she led an exceptional life. We have all heard her wonderful stories, and her humorous tales. And how she delighted in telling her favourites! I can still see her laughing along with herself as she relived them. Her smile, lighting the entire room. She was so beautiful.

And she was a fantastic mother – there was no better. Fate had indeed smiled on us three on those days!
!
I know myself, that I owe much of who I am today to my mother. I am sure my brothers feel the same way. She taught me much, and she taught me well. I have always been, and will always remain grateful for the wonderful life that both mom and dad gave me and my brothers. And I will have such a surplus of memories to last a lifetime. And beyond.

I think we all feel blessed to have had her in our lives. I know I do. And so many lives were touched by her. Anyone who met mom, fell in love with her. I have received many notes of condolences and it was clear to me how well loved mom was. Some had this to say about her:

“I can't think of a more thoughtful, gentle engaged person - someone with an enormously positive spirit, who cared about the world and deeply, deeply, loved her family.”

“Dorothy Pence is without a doubt the kindest, sweetest, most admirable woman I have ever known. “

“I always really liked your Mother, a kind and gentle soul.”

I know I will continue to have her in my life. Each and every day. She will never be far from my thoughts, and she will never leave my heart. The same way dad has never been far away either. Only now it will be different – when I think of one, I will think of the other. They will be thought of together. And that – that is the biggest- the only - comfort I will take from this, is knowing that mom and dad are at long last, together again. As it should be. There are few couples finer.

Mom and dad were love. And that, I will always have. We all will. That is why the following poem, by an unknown author touched me, and seemed so appropriate to be read today, in honour of our mother, and your friend:

Now that I am gone,
remember me with smiles and laughter.
And if you need to cry,
cry with your brother or sister,
who walks in grief beside you.
And when you need me,
put your arms around anyone
and give to them what you need to give to me.
There are so many who need so much.
I want to leave you something --
something much better than words or sounds.
Look for me in the people I've known
or helped in some special way.
Let me live in your heart
as well as in your mind.

You can love me most
by letting your love reach out to our loved ones,
by embracing them and living in their love.
Love does not die, people do.
So, when all that's left of me is love,
give me away as best you can.

~ Author unknown

Goodbye for now.

I love you so.

That is just beautiful BL, you have done your Mum proud:hug99:

very touching, what a wonderful women she is (still is as she is up there proud of you!)

As I wipe away a tear I can only echo what has been said before truely beautiful heart felt words

perfect
daisy x

So sorry to hear about your loss.

I think that is so beautiful how much you adored and still adore her by writing such a moving tribute.

xxxxxxxxx

Thanks ladies. It truly was from my heart.

I stayed up all night last night, and finally made a slideshow. It brought on a helluva wobble as mentioned on my diary.(a tearful wobble - not a food wobble ;)) Hours of seeng her beautiful face, just made me sadder and sadder as the night ran into morning, and I missed her so much. So it was very hard work. But its done. Phew.

I uploaded it on YouTube so I can share with people that cannot make it.

If ou would like to see it, you can. :)

YouTube - In memory of mom

It is very important for me to have a personal stamp on the service. Everything had all gone wrong with the end of moms life....so it is important for me to do this for her.

My peices that I felt I HAD to do, are now done. Now I hav lots to do here, to get ready to go there. It won;t happen a moment too soon I tell you.

I am running out of steam, and may just make it.

xx

BL im speechless. The music, the pics - the whole thing was so beautiful. You really are such a strong woman. I really dont know where you get your strenth from. Thinking about you and hope you get through this sad time :hug99:

Just so, so lovely BL. x

Beautiful hun.Be strong.xxx

That was touching and so heartfelt. she sounds like an amazing person.

The slideshow is just lovely to

xx

beautiful

If anyone has time and interest, here is the music I have chosen for the service. This has been so difficult....and taken ages to trawl through my collection to find something just right. I am really happy with it - I hope mom is too.

These first four songs, are for before the service begins - but the second song is not the artist I am using - my one is much better lol:

YouTube - Enya - Exile

YouTube - Holger Petersen & Glenn Bengtsson perform Tonerna by Sjöberg in HElsingborg 2009

YouTube - Enya- China Roses

YouTube - SOUNDTRACK MISSION Gabriel's Oboe (02:12)

and this one to end the service

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQoeJjA8GVM

I am putting these here as much for myself, so I have a place to locate them all if I forget. My memory is not up to much. xx

Thank you all so so much, for your support, your patience, your tolerance, kind words, viewing my stuff, and just helping me have a spot to vent over these past few weeks.

We are about to take off for Heathrow now.

I will drop you a line from the mountain, once there.

I really appreciate all your support. A lot.

THank you.

xxx

Good Luck BL x

will be thinking of you hun!

Back