What if I have less than 5 syns a day?

betterme

Apart from being really unhappy, what would happen if I had less than 5 syns a day? I just wondered why the rules were always 5-15 syns and not 0-15 syns. Do they get your metabolism going, or could I get better results if I don't have any syns?

Hey Hun, I'm still not 100% sure why thy say 5-15, I tend to only have mine I I fancy them. Some days I have none and other days I have all 15. I just think it's whatever makes you happy and I you don't have full amount you can have a treat at end of week, like I had butter on my potatoes today! Xx

I was told that we need to have those syns because it is good for us. if we dont have the extra calories from syns it can make our body slow down our metabolism rate, and decrease weightloss

It's been said that you would lose more weight if you use 5 syns a day than none at all

I have between 10-15 syns a day, and it works just find for me :)

It's also because you need a certain amount of fat in your diet and this usually comes from your syns.

The syns really are an integral part of this diet. Eating under 5 syns means your losses could actually be less. I am not saying they'will ' be less just could be. So not having your syns thinking you are being good often doesn't work ... so enjoy them :D I think for some (me included) its hard to get my head around that by not having my syns I am not following the plan properly as they are 'naughty' food :D

Oh great. Just what I wanted to hear! :D Thanks

I tend to lose the plot with vodka most fridays! (ooppss) I draw a line as friday is the end of my week, ive already weighednin and l enjoy a drink after the week!
I am still losing, but if I have trouble losing I will defo start saving syns for the friday night blow out lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lol me too! Me and hubby polished off a bottle! With diet redbull though lol
Good luck for Tuesday :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This is really helpful!

I have a question for all u knowledgable people. If u have had a blip and a naughty night and then plan to not have any syns for the rest of the week just to try and pull it back. Is that ok or should I just draw a line under it (as I couldn't possibly try and work the syns out!) and stick to 5-15 syns per day?

I tend to stick to no more than 5 syns a day during the week if i'm going out at the weekend and no syns on the actual day I go out. Leaves me with 75 syns for the night out (about 18 vodkas :D)

xx

Ah, but I WI on a Monday, so i've got no time to compensate for my vodka splurge :)

I actually find those weeks pretty easy, when i'm not going out therefore trying to fit in 10syns+ it's really hard!

xx

I find when I dont have enough syns regularly when I'm "off" SW (holiday, weekend away etc) the weight comes back on VERY quickly. I try to eat at least 85 per week, averaging at 12 per day, somedays I dont have any syns as I dont need it but others low fat variants just dont cut it!

I have struggled this week eating my syns - I don't have much in the way of syn inducing ingredients in my store cupboard and am mega skint this week so I find that I am eating a lot of carbs (doing lots of green days) and not needing the syns because the carbs are so filling. Hoping it's not going to affect any loss I may have this week but not sure. I usually have a supply of chocolate and crisps for when I've not used my syns, but they have been off the shopping list as unnecessary spending the last few weeks...

I have a wedding dance this weekend tho, so I will make sure to use plenty of syns on sat night!! Drinking weekends tend to give me my best losses, but I don't buy into vodka making you gain weight anyway!!

I've only been doing SW for 6 weeks or so and I find it hard to use all my syns and frequently have less than 5. I have a big appetite and am certainly not skimping, I just find it happens. Today I've had 5.5, but there are days when I get up to 12 or so.

It's interesting to read the perspectives on here. In group, someone said you should have all your syns because if for whatever reason your weight loss slows down, you have an extra tool in that you *could* reduce your syns and see if it helps, whereas if you are already running at close to nil then you don't have that wiggle room.

When I wasn't losing I tried having no syns - it didn't make me lose any more weight! I think the idea is that 5 syns = 100 calories, and since that is so small they are going to have almost no effect on your weight, but if you don't have them you might feel you are denied treats and that's likely to make you fall off the wagon at some point. Increasing the amount of free food you eat and the water/fluid you drink will have a much bigger impact. If you're really not missing those syns, then maybe use some on really high fibre foods like Scan Bran, as these seem to boost weight loss too.

Back