What if?

shelz

Silver Member
what if on Monday I get on the scales and it is the second time in two weeks I havent lost a single pound? I will be so disheartened and I know I will cheat!

My brother is loosing weight and eating loads and loads. If he is and Im on CD and 810 why cant i loose the same as him?!

Don't lose heart - get out the tape measure, or try on some previously tight clothes and see what difference there is. In other posts it's been said that the body sometimes needs to take time to "catch up" and perhaps that's what is happening to yours. If you are sticking to your plan then it will work - but maybe not for another week or so. Chin up:)

shelz stick with it,honestly read some of the pre posts as there are lots of others who go through the same. Have you taken you measurements? might be worth doing from here onwards as you may find that you have lost in inches instead. Goodluck hon x

Please don't be disheartened. I learned early on to concentrate only on my own journey and not how others were doing. As others have said the scales don't always give the full picture. Sometimes when the scales say the same you've lost inches rather than pounds. A lot of people get a small loss for one or two weeks, followed by a big loss afterwards. I was never one of those. For me a big loss got to be no more than 3 1/2lbs, but I couldn't have done it on any other diet. If you stick to it 100% you'll get there. Don't ever be tempted to pick-it's not worth it. No matter how disappointed I was with my loss I was never tempted to pick. Some people could get away with it but I knew by my slower weight loss I wasn't one of them. This is the only diet where I have never been tempted to cheat at all and it's rewarded me. It will reward you too.

Please hang in there. As I have been told- this diet cannot fail. You are making your body healthy and getting through one week without stuffing yourself with junk is in itself an achievement. Focus on the fact that you are creating a healthier body. The scales won't always reflect this ( this was reiterated by my CDC today:)) but believe that each week you are becoming healthier, your body is changing, you are a week closer to your goal and you will have probably lost inches.

Whatever you do, don't give up!

You've come too far to turn back now. Stick with it and you won't fail.

This is your body, focus on that and no one else's. We are all different afterall.

Be positive!:)

Hi Shelz, I know what you mean, I lost 1lb one week and I was really upset, almost reached for the biccies.....a 2lb the week after and then a lovely 5 the week after that !

I am back Ssing after reaching goal last wednesday and found myself 3lbs up today :( Only 3 days to get it off, makes me realise I will probably do CD for the rest of my life as despite being on 810 then 1000, my body isn't liking these calries much !

Stick with it hun xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Im a good way off goal yet, well 11lbs on my CD journey. I just hope it will shift and when I am at goal I will be able to maintain there comnfortably. I shall let you know what the loss is tomorrow!

Look forward to hearing how much you lose tomorrow! Your doing so well! It will probably come off in one whoosh! like Charely's! Main thing is it isn't going up!

fingers crossed for your WI :) i know how disheartening low losses can be but they do catch up in the end, feel good knowing you're 100% and drinking lots of water, maybe you are losing inches before the scales catch up............you will get there hun we all do in the end :)

But you're at BMI 22, there isn't really anything left to lose, you're right in the middle of your healthy weight range, and I really feel you will struggle to lose any more.

Sorry to hear shelz that you are feeling gutted. I can remember coming out of a diet club that I went to a few years back and I would often only lose half a pound. I used to ring my parents in such a disappointed state and my dad would say comfortingly that it was good, a half pound of fat permanently binned.
I also remember getting down to 9 stones 5 pounds back in 2004 and desperately wanting to be 9 stones, I remember it well because I had a new boyfriend that I really wanted to impress! And the weight loss was just the same as you - half a pound in two weeks. I did manage to lose a bit more but it took ages, and then new bf decided to take me on some romantic meals and it went straight back on, lol!

But in response to your dilemma, I can only suggest that you get advice from your CD counsellor as the best way forward in terms of how to budge the last pounds is truthfully beyond my basic knowledge of dieting.

But wishing you the best of luck in your quest x

my CDC has been very supportive the last few weeks. This is my second week on 810, so I am hoping Monday will show a loss. I am being positive, miraculously I'm still on plan and 100%! 2

Back