WHAT IF?

carlah24

After being disappointed this week at not looseing anything

im allowed 24 points if i can manage on 16 points day would this be ok?

im going to say yes i do it ALOT. others will say no.Up to your judgement :)

no.

it is up to you, but if you cut your points so drastically now you might find it harder to lose long term, so it's a toss up between short term loss's v long term sustainable loss's and as someone who has pretty much yo yo'd most of my life I would personally stick to your points but perhaps up your activity points by doing exercise.

Also, you might have stayed the same this week and have a really big loss next week. I would personally give it a couple of weeks to see if it levels itself out and then if your still not losing talk to your leader to see if you can cut points or anything else you can do to get your weight loss started again.

I would vote for no, 16 is too low if you are assigned 24 a day.

I am on 26 points a day, but when I have struggle weeks when I lose nowt, I do the Fast Start thing the following week. That cuts me down to 22, which generally kickstarts the losses again :)

No definitely not. You can go down to 20 by saving 4 but no more than that. Some people choose to disregard the guidelines set by WW with regards to points and do their own thing, but consistently eating way under your points WILL have an adverse effect on your weigh ins. You could try Kick Start for a week or 2 but dont rush into anything just because youve had a disapointing week, stick with it :) You need to remember too, youre doing WW cos its a well structured successful diet. Millions of £s have been put into it and if WW say you need 24 points then trust them, they DO know what theyre talking about ;)

Last edited:
I wouldn't drop below 20 a day but it was discussed at meeting last week & our leader did say it is up to you as long as you don't go too low.

But my thinking is by dropping too low now what points will you drop to as your weight goes down

Try changing the foods you are eating I can't eat potato's even if I stay within my points

Good luck with whatever you decide

unless you require the fear of an official weigh in to keep you motivated, i say do it at home and save the 10 euros for a treat for ur self, save up for a smaller size top etc

woooooowwwzer i never realised the meetings were so pricey! Mr.Weight Watchers is making a fair bob at other peoples expense money and emotional!

i think support groups, considering the leaders aren't professionally trained in diet/nutrition, should be free or at the least only pay for the rent of the hall/room used. Its waaay to business like and franchisey like for me. I won't pay an untrained person to give me tips. if the leaders were dieticians/properly trained i would tho.

oh i mean pay for the books ofcourse lol nothings for free but i think the classes cost too much. once you have all the books etc i think the price should be no more than £2. If i were being "taught" about weight loss, i want someone who knows about nutrition, digestion and the inner workings of a humans system, not just someone whos lost weight on the same diet because for all i know they could have eaten pizza the whole time just because it was within their points.

You get handouts etc every week so probably by the time you take the cost of them off, and the hall fees youre not paying much more than £2 a week lol

I dont think knowledge of the workings of the human digestive system is really important in a WW leader, people are going to WW classes to follow the plan. Shes had experience and training in that and knows how it works. For a class lasting half an hour a leader can be at the hall for 2.5 hours, noone is going to do that for free.

i think its important considering they're giving out diet advice. they should be taught why the ww plan works not just take it as it is. but i suppose each to their own if i was a leader i would actively want to seek out the reasons why the diet works and the scientific facts it is based on, but i love human science/biochem (first year biomed student)

but dont you worry ( not neccessarily you but some people) that even tho you lost weight you may still not be healthy? some of the skinniest people have the worst heart disease.... and some weight watchers followers may lose weight by eating crap but sticking to their points and still have a heart attack because they ate crap.

Nope lol I dont eat crap I eat what I enjoy. To be honest IF I still went to classes, hearing the hows and whys it works would put me off. I think people who go to classes go for the support from other people on the same plan, and to share tips etc. I go regularly to my doctor and my BP and cholesterol etc are checked. My cholesterol is extremely healthy so much so my doctor was amazed at how low it is :)

If people are going to waste their points on junk (which I dont think many of us do) then a WW leader banging on about how things work isnt going to change that. To be honest, only a very small percentage of people who go to classes actually stay for classes so even though people go to WW classes most stay for the WI, get the literature, a chat with the leader, buy things from the shop and rush off home.

Back